S3 seats in a mk1 vrs

vrsmark

Hi guys

I'm on the nose for a set of mint S3 Recaro seats,I know they should bolt into the mk1 but does anyone have any pictures of them when fitted please?

I'm particularly interested in how the rears sit up against the door cards when the doors are shut...cheers

Mark

my old car :happy:

yes the flip you you don't notice, help fit longer loads infact by flipping the front seat forward.

the rear has a slight gap, not that ever really got noticed by or bothered me.

the ups are worth the downs in this case, as they are fantastic seats!

• Like 1

problem is is getting good gti seats with intact bolsters, as they suffer like the vrs seat.

cloth ones tend to have worn through by now too.

s3s recaros are made with better materials from what i can tell, so the sets i have had have always had firm bolsters despite being the same age as mk4 recaros.

Thanks for the photos guys!

I don't really want to add to much weight to the car...how much heavier are the S3's.....20kg a pair?

Another option might be some sports recliners.....££££££

What bit wouldnt look right? Yeah the fronts will have a release somewhere to flip them forwards but I'd hardly be noticeable.

Sorry bud. Thought u were taking the rear cards with u from the S3 which kinda confused me lol

They are lovely. But like rocking horse poo.

There's been a few sets on ebay recently but not near you Rob can imagine they'll be very rare over there. The ones I've seen have all been over £800 can't justify it really. 

I've got black leather and white alcantara heated S3 seats.....

In my S3 :rofl:

• Like 2

Got mine for 600 back in 2009.

Sold rear bench in 2010 and fronts this year for 200 and 600.

When I was looking to sell them they were around the k mark easy for the part leather ones.

Luckily I fpund someone wanting them individually.rear bench was bids on ebay and fronts went to a fella with a caddy van lol.

I was going to be re covering the r32 fronts to match the std look hence sale of rear bench as they didnt fit right.

Sall that went to pot tho and she is now in car heaven

:-(

Sod S3 seats lol

these are what you want:

BILD0784.jpg

Here is the kind of gaps youll get mate,  these seats are also from a 5 door mk4 R32

BILD0782.jpg

BILD0783.jpg

the r32 konigs weigh more that the s3 recaros! The s3 recaro is a better seat, they have more lateral and shoulder support a proper headrest and pull out leg support. Everything on the konigs is fixed bar the tilt. They aren't a comfy seat imo. They do look good but once you have owned both, you will see the s3 is way better a seat. ..

Look how many audis use this recaro seat s3 s4 s6 rs4 rs6, infact its a generic seat basically that you could buy to fit aftermarket. There is a reason they all use recaro and not konig.

How did you manage to get the door cards matching, are they L&K, or recovered?

I bought some door cards that someone had retrimmed already. they were beige though so i have to take the whole lot apart and bond them into my black door cards.

Not fun, but i think he paid something like 350 for them to be retrimmed!!!

Yep. Screw the R32 seats. Gave me neckache in no time driving my buds R32. No head support at all, just head restraint.

Also, I thought the leather quality was pretty crap (stiff) in comparison.