S3 seats in a mk1 vrs

vrsmark

Hey not my personal choice! Just the first thing I found on eBay when I searched! Could have potential though if you were to get them re-stitched in the exterior colour of car maybe?!

Personally if I had a choice it'd be the r32 Konigs I reckon

• Like 1

Hahahaha! Quality!

I just like the look of the integrated headrest on them...never actually sat in them to be fair.

There are some black and white recaros on eBay too though....look like they need a damn good wet vac.

Could have potential though if you were to get them re-stitched in the exterior colour of car maybe?!

Nah, forget that...

kiwishoe.jpg

:rofl:

Just make sure the missus doesn't wear her white skirt...

Edited by demonufo
  • Like 2

Depends.

I loved my konigs. Very comfortable and I could sit in them all day. I even slept in them for a few hrs in the services while on a 4hr drive north one morning after work.

If your slightly bigger built (no offence) then yea not the best. I got tgem due to boulster size as the vrs seats pinched and dug in to my leg.

The only downside that I found with replacing the vRS seats with any others is the doorcards!

The white just doesn't look right, even more so when you replace the carpet with a black one too

Been searching for a while for now for leather ones, when I did manage they where grey with the black leather insert and miles and miles away

Managed to source a full black interior and door cards very cheaply so the cards will be going in early next year when the weather changes (no access to a garage sadly)

Cupra R seats should fit the Octy but I'm sure someone will correct me if not...

cupra r/toldeo do fit, if they have motors they are heavier.

some are manual adjust.

all seats with motors are heavier. however unless you are in a race car, its not gonna matter.

The only downside that I found with replacing the vRS seats with any others is the doorcards!

Easy way is to use the carpet dye on the doorcards. It won't be black black, more a dark grey, but it's one solution. And if you use the same stuff for the carpet... ;)

I`ve fitted leather Cupra R seats to my Octy, they fit well, the front seats are heavier because of the motors it`s true, but they much more supprtive with better bolsters than the OE seats I`ll live with it.

Already fitted a MK4 Golf black carpet, so need a solution for the door cards now. Carpet dye is an option, might give this a go yet, but would love some leather to match.

Edited by VeedubyaGTi

Are the s3 seat a direct replacement or is there any modifications that need doing?

The only thing you'll need to do is connect up a loom to provide 12vdc to the electrics. But ignore the airbag connectors...

Edited by demonufo