Oil on Spark Plug

Is that second from the left as you stand looking into the engine compartment, Drivers side, 2nd plug in?

Yes common,

that is the plug that eventually burns out if any of the 4 are going to.

Not for the oiling,

but when checking plugs, commonly someone will remove the one to the passenger side first, looks OK,

then the next one, looks OK, and put them back in,  the easy to get to ones,

and not check the other 2.

The 2nd from the Drivers side, 3rd from the Passenger Side is liable to show some oil, or the plug starting to burn up.

Worth changing plugs much earlier than the Skoda Service Scheduled 40,000 miles.

How many miles has the engine done?

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/291585-warning-on-spark-plugs-14-tsi-cave-vrs-check-the-spark-plugs

I don't want to alarm you and I hope it's not the case but I had oil on spark plug 1 (not sure which side that was) but ended up being with Skoda dealer for 4 weeks having a new engine put in. The car had done 17300 miles. Have you got any history of the car? I found out mine had a couple of attempted fixes for high oil usage but ended up with an engine replacement.

I wouldn't know where to look to find if a new engine had been fitted. I've not noticed anything in the service book, and its all stamped up.

After your new engine, did they say what the problem was in causing the oily spark plug?

The pull of the car still seams reasonable. It doesn't give the buzz putting my foot down used to but I guessed that was just me getting used to it.

Would there be any obvious signs/tests to find out if there was something up?

I found out when I went to the Skoda dealer for the repair I asked for a print out of the history of the car. This showed the repairs/fixes and service details. I had no problem with the performance of the car until I was driving home from Tesco, put my foot down after slowing down for a car turning right and the exhaust emissions light came on. After pulling over the car it went into "safe mode" and limped home. Skoda assist were with me next morning.

I cant quite remember what the problem was but think it had something to do with the piston rings.

Hopefully you have not got a problem but there's no harm finding out if the car has had any previous issues.