How much movement from 'provisional' build date?

I've been told twice now that my car has a provisional date of last week of Feb 14 (week 08?), once by dealer and once by Skoda UK.  Both told me it could be subject to movement either way, so I just wondered what provisional dates people were given and when it actually came?  On top of that they both told me I would probably be able to pick it up 2 - 4 weeks after.

Only reason for asking is we have our second baby due in the second week of March and things will probably get a bit manic.

For info car is Candy White vRS Estate DSG, winter pack, black pack, canton, sunset glass.  Ordered 28 Sept.

As terry says, subject to significant amount of change, in both directions! Ordered mine beginning of September and have been given 4 different build dates, and now doesnt have one at all!!

Ordered 20th October and was given March delivery. Now it's already here!  :happy:

That tells me anything is possible really...

Thanks for the comments guys but I was really asking the people who actually have taken delivery of their cars!!  I'm well aware it's a lottery hence asking 'in reality' what is potentially going to happen.

Thanks for the comments guys but I was really asking the people who actually have taken delivery of their cars!!  I'm well aware it's a lottery hence asking 'in reality' what is potentially going to happen.

Reality is as I said. I'm picking up my Octy tomorrow! Hope that counts for you  :giggle:

You can be almost 100% sure of the build week when there is 2 weeks to build. My dealer told me that "they" (factory logistics etc) lock it 2 weeks before and after that time they change build(s) very rarely - only major problems etc. So seeing your build is so far in the future the only thing to say here is you can get it sooner of that time and it can be later as well...