My monte has been recalled

LGM

Just received a phone call from Simpsons skoda in preston about an hour ago saying my monte has been in a recall, something to do with the wiring loom on the cooling fan. I have no idea what or who is involved. Just giving you a heads up. Mine is a 11 plate if that helps.

Im not mithered as i dont plan on doing long journeys over christmas anyway so the cooling fan shouldnt need to be used. To be honest seboni I have no idea, I simply pulled over and took the call then said I would arrange with a closer dealership and hung up. I would imagine it would be atleast on the Fabia's.

We have not heard much from anyone on those cars needing the Recall on the faulty Heated seats.

Now that seems like an important re-call.

george

Sorry to hijack the thread, but what is it with the heated seats?

They replaced mine when i had it in their workshop for some months ago but never said more than recall and warranty..

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update on this. Went into lookers skoda this morning for the recall work to be done to also be told the turbo has been recalled for a check over aswell. Which has me worried a little bit.

Hi LGM got to take mine in for the same wiring loom recall it is 11 plate like yours , did they say what could be any problems with the turbo , my dealer has not mentioned this.

I originally took mine in just for the wiring loom. I went in signed the paperwork then he came over and mentioned the turbo was also a recall which I had no idea about and got me wondering why my dealer would call about the wiring loom and not about the turbo. For them both it would take roughly 2 hours so I had to reschedule for Wednesday so I can get a loan car from them(they don't do them at weekends). Ring your dealer and question if yours is in aswell which I'm pretty sure it would be.

I originally took mine in just for the wiring loom. I went in signed the paperwork then he came over and mentioned the turbo was also a recall which I had no idea about and got me wondering why my dealer would call about the wiring loom and not about the turbo. For them both it would take roughly 2 hours so I had to reschedule for Wednesday so I can get a loan car from them(they don't do them at weekends). Ring your dealer and question if yours is in aswell which I'm pretty sure it would be.

Might be because your car is an 11 plate as the turbo might a shim fitted. EDIT (petrol only) TSI 

Hang on a minute....stop the bus

Just to clarify

Does the OP have a diesel Monte or a TSI petrol Monte coz there could be some crossed wires here.???

Apologies if i missed a detail but cant see it from OP car description which just says Monte & both the petrols& diesels have turbos.

Just taken mine in for the 97z8 recall, had insulation fitted to wiring loom by steering column, to stop loom rubbing on a bracket.

While I was there they suggested I have a air con, re-gas for £69 saying Skoda recommended this every two years, is this  necessary as most of my other cars ran for years without a re-gas. Just wondering?

• 3 years later...