Electrical problems Superb 2004

Im new at this so i really don't know what to do. Lights below doors don't work, also mirror lights don't work and when i lock the doors with the remote one door doesn't lock so i have to lock it with my finger. Can anyone help me or should i go seek help from proffessional.

HI yes it sounds like the dreaded water ingress problem. You will probably find water under the front footwell carpets this will have caused erosion on the wiring nodes.

Had mine repaired by skoda dealer and got them to seal the filter box.

That depends on you - if you can do some soldering and the work needed to make sure the source of the water ingress is fixed, you can do it yourself.  There is lots of info in the post mentioned above.  If not, you need to find a good VAG independent - they will no doubt have seen this before...!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's a good start, fixing that junction has brought back some of the functions, but there are more junctions in that same cable bundle.  If you remove more of the tape that holds it all together you should find another couple of similar junctions near either the front or rear door.  All need cleaning up, soldering and wrapping with insulating tape to get them working properly.

Check in the bundle for broken cables too...some of the cables at  the junctions seem a bit short and break.

Good luck with your further investigations!

• Like 1