Auto enable front parking sensor

mrwee

Hi,

Is there a way to always enable the front parking sensor e.g. at speeds under 15km/h or similar on the Superb FL?

On my old Citroen C5, it always worked and it's a bit annoying that I have to press the center console button for the sensors to work :(

And when your in slow moving traffic they will be going off all the time. :rofl:  Seriously though I find that the front sensors for me are usually needed when you are shunting into spaces when the front sensors come on automatically and on rare ocassions I do simply press the button. I do reverse into spaces when I park. BTW I don't know hopw to enable the front sensors, sorry.

On my old c class they both worked front and back under 5 mph never had a problem when out on the road driving. Far better than what we have can only be a software change I would think.

bill

On my old c class they both worked front and back under 5 mph never had a problem when out on the road driving. Far better than what we have can only be a software change I would think.

bill

Sounds like the same functionality as my old C5 :). Will ask the dealer tomorrow.

I too had C5 and found the auto front sensors very useful, I hope you get a positive reaction from dealer, I await with interest.

Since the upgrade to my Superb I do forget that the beep will not start automatically and have come close to the garage wall a few times !!

I have driven a VW Touareg both the old and new one and they both just had them on all the time.

I think they were the OPS one (Optisches Park Systeme- German car) so not sure if that makes a difference.

It was annoying in some situations like when they got all iced up they were going off when you drove slowly until you pressed the dismiss button on the screen.

Phil

Edited by Phil-E

My C5 was ultrasound and never had that problem. Only thing I experienced, was that the sensors could be covered by ice and didn't work until they got defrosted.

Sometimes if I was was about to park and pedestrians passed the car then it reacted, apart from that it worked perfectly. WIsh my Superb could be programmed the same way.

I just find it strange that I have to enable the front sensors manually. When I'm about to park my car, I'm not liable to turn the front sensors on myself.

What I've discovered is that the backsensors automatically work when I go into "R", the same goes for the front sensors. So if I want to avoid turning them on myself, then I need to reverse into parkingspots :giggle:

Hi

I have dealer fitted front sensors, don't have park assist. They auto turn on & are great for warning if I get too close to a Cornish hedge!

Never an issue being on all the time except that big puddles can set them off.

"Dealer fitted" - so are they aftermarket ones rather than specced at time of purchase? I also have front and rear sensors but no Park Assist on my March 2013 Elegance. The sensors (front and rear) are not normally on but the system is activated by dropping into reverse or pressing the single button.

Michael

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk