Fabia VRS Estate Valuation

conanius

http://www.autotrader.co.uk

Cheapest 'Asking Prices' on Autotrader today, and possibly  several 'Not with a Barge Pole' cars.

60 reg with 50,000 miles, £7,995

& 60 reg 41,000 £8750

A few advertised that are maybe known to members here that have new engines in.

Cheapest Estate advertised with a £10,000 or so Asking Price.

I like the advert that says,

'not to be confused with the lower powered Monte Carlos'.

Just seeing what my 9 month old VRS is worth and it's coming out about £10.5k to px, reckon it'll be down to £10k when it's 12 months old. So that's £4.5k depreciation in 12 months (£14.5k new), but then I reckon it'll only lose another £2k in year 2 and maybe £1.5k in year 3. 

It does seem steep in year 1, but then there are no other costs, in years 2 & 3 I'll have to start paying for tyres, brakes etc.

However compared to my wife's Countryman SD its doing ok, bought that 12 months old and I reckon it's lost £5.5k in 1 year.

I got offered £11.5k against a Clio 200T at the end of Oct but decided to keep the Fabia, then doing a what car check the other day and they gave me a px guide price of £10.6k.

It just depends on the dealer you're buying from, I think with the Clio they were offering above book to get the deal as those cars aren't shifting.

Jeez you guys lost alot quick! Mine only lost 3.5k in two years when I traded it in - seems they lose a bit more now!

You did very well on that.

Maybe the fact it's based on a 13? year old platform and the well known oil issues are starting to effect it.

Didn't think they would so much though, it's still a lot of car at a year or two old for the money.

I thought they'd dip badly out of warranty, not while still covered.  Odd.

Still £4k on a brand new car over 12 months isn't actually that bad.  It's to be expected against list price.

Just as Fabias are reasonably priced to start with it looks bad as it's a large percentage.

Yep, although I had to push for a better trade in, although got better trade in an a better discount at the same time.

I may see Lee at Preston next time round :)

I have your springs on my car by the way :)

A £15,000 as bought car that you can get more than £7,500 for after 3 1/3 years has had less than 50% Depreciation.

(a 48% depreciation would have you at around £7,800)

Owners of Low mileage, 1 owner,  3 1/2 year old vRS get offered more than £7800 even from WBAC.

VW Golfs, Passats etc can expect 48% Depreciation in 3 years.  good if not that much. But many are that much.

So from a £27,000 start, thats big money.

A £30,000 + Golf can deprecate more then the price of a new vRS in 3 years.

A Polo GTI loosing 50% in 3 years is a £10,000 or more drop compared to its cheapo Sister dropping less than £7,500.

Not the cheapest GTI's around, there are real bargains about on cars that were £23,000 new with options.

but just on Autotrader 'asking prices',

Polo GTI 2011, 70,000 miles so high, £10,270

Polo GTI 2011, 24,000 miles, £11,175

Now thats Asking Prices on these desirable and superior build and quality cars.

"If everything in life was as reliable as a VW",

Pity Depreciation can be so high tho,& the Engines are the same as in the Skoda,

Sorry to hear no takers.  

I part ex mine for the Nissan Juke Nismo (not arrived yet) for not much less than you have reduced your price to.   Appreciate I order at the end of the year when maybe they needed an extra sale so deal was a little better than normal

Hope you get this price.