Weird Electric Window Issue!

Hi Guys! 

Just to let you know, the Fabia is still running without missing a beat! 

I do have a slight problem though, (Please don't shoot me if this has already been covered, I did search and came up with nothing.)

My passenger window has a mind of its own. If my passenger has the window down and tries to close it, it closes quarter of the way and then back down again. He presses it again and it does it again. Seemingly impossible to close the window.. 

If I use my drivers side switches, it works fine. (Sounds like a switch problem right?) 

Well due to the fact that I have rarely open the window let alone a passenger doing it, I haven't worried about it.  Today after showing my colleague who also has VAG car that you can open and close the windows with the key, it done it again. Both windows came down, pressed the key to raise and the window flipped out again and has the same symptoms as before. It took 4 attempts for the window to close properly.

Has any one encountered this? Its like the window thinks someone has there arm in the window (Anti-trap) all the time? Maybe worth phoning the dealer up!

Cheers!

Thresh 

Edited by abovethresh

I used to work at a car factory and this used to happen to the new cars sometimes before the anti-trap had been set. 

You might need two people - one to push and hold the button upwards whilst the other ensures the window goes all the way up (hand on each side of the glass and push up with the window movement. Keep holding the switch for a few seconds after it reaches the top. That should sort it.

If not that, maybe the window seal is not situated properly or there is some debris in the window channel?

Hi guys! I took it down to Bristos and it is indeed a fault. Apparently its a common problem with Fabs. The window Ecu's in the doors can play up. One guy apparently had it so that the window went up 3/4's and then just stopped and then wouldn't respond on any switch! Crazy. All booked in!

Hi there, I was just reading though your post after discovering neither of my windows will open! I have checked the fuses and believe it is the window ecu as my VAG com software doesn't communicate with the doors when it used to. Tell me to mind my own business, was it an expensive repair at skoda?  

Hey,

Yeah sometimes my passenger window goes down when I close it and freezes and doesn't know what to do! (only happened a few times) I just turn my car off, take the key out and start again, it seems to fix it!