OCTAVIA MK1 03 1.9 TDI PD OR NON PD?

IAN_716

non pd. mine is an 04 90 bhp. they are the non pd engines.

i think from hanging around here the non pd engines are preferred as theres "less" to go wrong.

dont quote me on that though....

the 90 bhp is grand, as long as its been minded it'll most likely not put a foot wrong (too often..),

though if you can id stretch to a 110bhp non pd elegance... you'll have the benefit of the extra oomph on the floor..

(BTW I have deleted your duplicated thread)

smidge off topic, but theres seems to be a lot of duplicate posting the last couple of days?

On topic...

it will depend on what you want out of the car  day to day, to be honest the normal commute i have to work, and odd bit of Mway i do ,

the 90 is perfectly acceptable for getting by lorries etc,

and at Motorway cruising speed of 75-80 mph still gets an indicated 54mpg (53 really) and quiet enough to talk at normal volumes..

id love to change up to a 110 just for the extra bit of power even if i never need it!

and go elegance trim for the extras or really go wild and find a non tan Laurin and Klement

Well with my 90 bhp with 110 asv injectors and cruse control i can get 70~80mpg @ 50mph, this is based on motorway miles, about town i roughly get 45 mpg, on a mixture based on 25 liters i get roughly 230/260 miles out of that, this is what i get and ofc with other engines /mods it may be different, i also have a pd 100 but have yet to address the rough running of the engine to give any mpg stats, hope this helps you.

but the older non pd engines in my eyes are more reliable than the pd's /less expensive to fix/repair

Edited by sesachc

on a 25 mile each way commute to /from work i average 50-50 mph in traffic on fairly alright roads. get an indicated 68mpg, so its really about 64 measured.

around town in average traffic its about 45mpg. and mway speeds of 75-80 (120kph speed limit here - 75mph) i'll still get 54mpg actual.

thats my 90 bhp..

Edit: It probably helps that its usually just me in the car, and i barely clock 10 stone, so the car is pretty much at unladen kerb weight!!

Edited by mac11irl