Water collecting under near side front door after wash

Does anyone else notice that after a good wash of the car, when you open the front passenger door, about 5L of water just falls out. It seems to have been trapped and not draining away, this is the only door it happens with.  If its just mine, I'll check the drains are not blocked by anti-corrosion fluid or summink.

Thanks for your replies! I'm kind of glad it's not just me. I think it's where there are so many seals around the door to keep the cabin quiet, they forgot to allow water to escape if it mysteriously gets in. I think it's going in via the window channel, the seal is a good 1mm from the window. Hence why winding the window up and down to clear foggy window has no effect!!

I've had mine back to the steelers for this, they did say that the drain holes were not aligned correctly with the shape of the rubbers, so they fiddled but as you would probably expect, it's made absolutely sod all difference, just need to remember to trade it in before the doors go rotten!

how realistic is it that the trapped water is going to rust the doors through? if the car is getting used regularly I don't see it being a big problem but if it is going to be standing unused for a while eg between owners at a dealers I imagine it may become a drama.

also as we all notice it on our (still) new cars are skoda going to be supporting the owners with the rusty doors a few years from now. ..

how realistic is it that the trapped water is going to rust the doors through? if the car is getting used regularly I don't see it being a big problem but if it is going to be standing unused for a while eg between owners at a dealers I imagine it may become a drama.

also as we all notice it on our (still) new cars are skoda going to be supporting the owners with the rusty doors a few years from now. ..

It's very unlikely it will case any issues, I'm on my fourth Skoda going back to a 2006 fabia vRS, they've all done this, my brothers mk6 golf does it too and rust isn't an issue.

• 1 month later...

I've just opened the drivers door for the first time in two weeks due to illness and there was a significant amount of water on the top edge of the inner sill and a few beads of water on the carpet mat. Pulled up the mat and the carpet was damp, not soaking but damp enough to be a concern! The car is parked facing slightly downhill, so the water is obviously collecting in the front section of the door then escaping into the car before backing up to the next drain hole, this is not acceptable so will be returning to dealer when convenient as they seem to have cured the passenger side.