Front Off Side Indicator

Hi,

Had the bulb out indicator come on last night and whenever I indicated right, the indicators flashed too fast.

Classic case of blown off side indicator bulb I thought.

When I checked this morning (too late to bother last night) I found that the front off side indicator bulb is permanently on!

The off side rear and mirror indicators work OK but the front is just permanently on.

Any ideas?

Car has manual lights and recently coded/fitted LondonColor HID kit (2 weeks ago).

Mark

Just found this:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/177742-help-indicator-fault/

exactly the same symptons.

Don't have access to VCDS - I'm in Hinckley.

Tried disconnecting the battery but no difference.

Planning on reverting back to the normal headlights tomorrow and calling the dealer on Monday as the car is under warranty.

Mark

There have been a number of similar threads, all of which have signalled a faulty ECU but none of them have come back to update their threads and confirm the what the actual outcome/fix was.

Luckily you are under warranty, let us know how you get on.

Remember to take the bulb out or you'll flatten the battery.

Mine did this and was strangely enough the exactly the same indicator as well. The other few threads on here were also the DSF Indicator.

Mine was fixed by replacing the CCM as was everyone else's.

Good luck

Update................

Dropped car off at local dealer yesterday. Called back to say that it needs a new J519 control module. Quick search reveals numerous Audi, VW, SEAT and Skoda owners having the same module replaced. Service manager said it was the second MY12 Octavia that he had seen with exactly the same problem.

Dealer can't get new module until Friday so keeping the car until then.

Good news is that the warranty will cover it.

One question I have will I need to have the coding for the HIDs done again?

Regards

Mark

Update................

Dealer fitted new J519 last Tuesday - it arrived early so I got my car back on New Years Eve.

Refitted HIDs - all was fine for 2 days then the problem came back again.

Also, intermitant failure on near side indicator.

Removed HIDs and near side indicator working OK but front offside permanently on again.

Going to see if I can return HIDs to LondonColor as they do not work on my car and in fact appear to be causing problems.

Shame as the lights were perfect.

Mark

Did you recode the j519 module for HIDs once it was fitted?

I had weird behaviour of my main beams once I fitted my kit which was cured by coding the car correctly