Look what i have!

booked up a 24H test drive with the Rapid Spaceback, got a 1.2 TSI SE with the style pack

20140103_135032_zpsoen7glyp.jpg

20140103_135025_zps0tqd0jeh.jpg

20140103_135019_zpsaptfxgcq.jpg

20140103_135044_zpsl4j5kmbj.jpg

20140103_135040_zpsw6ysgvcm.jpg

20140103_135035_zpskdim3icu.jpg

I really like the Style pack with the black, although i would go for an Elegance with greentech, although the ride is imho perfect as it is with the 15s, i don't know how much difference 16s or even the 17s if i went for the sports pack would be, also colour wise i am leaning towards Race Blue.

does anyone know if they are going to do the "17" Rays as they look like the bees knees imho

i currently have a Greentech Elegance Citigo :)

• Like 1

Saw my first Spaceback today; corrida red TDI but otherwise same as this one. Thought it looked really nice in a functional no showy kind of way. Be quite happy to have one on the drive; particularly liked the glass roof and tailgate.

TP

• 4 weeks later...

booked up a 24H test drive with the Rapid Spaceback, got a 1.2 TSI SE with the style pack

I really like the Style pack with the black, although i would go for an Elegance with greentech, although the ride is imho perfect as it is with the 15s, i don't know how much difference 16s or even the 17s if i went for the sports pack would be, also colour wise i am leaning towards Race Blue.

does anyone know if they are going to do the "17" Rays as they look like the bees knees imho

Here's what Race Blue with the 17" Rays looks like. They are currently available as an accessory and some dealers have ordered them in for their demo cars:

p1180089140127145339.JPG

I have 17s on mine and I have driven a Rapid on 15s too. The difference in ride quality is not night and day, although on 15s it is a little smoother and quieter I would still go for the 17s because they look so much better. 16s may be a good compromise?

• Like 1

Here's what Race Blue with the 17" Rays looks like. They are currently available as an accessory and some dealers have ordered them in for their demo cars:

p1180089140127145339.JPG

I have 17s on mine and I have driven a Rapid on 15s too. The difference in ride quality is not night and day, although on 15s it is a little smoother and quieter I would still go for the 17s because they look so much better. 16s may be a good compromise?

That car looks like it's got an off-road pack fitted.

Are they usually that high up on the suspension?

That car looks like it's got an off-road pack fitted.

Are they usually that high up on the suspension?

I'd prefer it a little bit lower, but with the big wheels it looks alright, in the same way an Octy Scout still looks good because they have 17in wheels. I think it only becomes a problem when you've got big arch gap and small wheels.

Does look a little higher riding than my liftback on standard suspension though, maybe they've gone for longer travel and softer springs on the revised set up?

I've still got a photo somewhere of my Rapid and BossFox's ex-Rapid next to each other and the difference is certainly transformative. I'm ok with things as they are for the time being though (both sidewall height and suspension setup) because the roads in and around where I work are bloody awful.