Is it friendly here in the Yeti forum?

Gyp

After 10 years of Octavia and Fabia ownership and participation over there -> I today find myself having signed up to buy a 9-ish month old Yeti.

It's not how I expected the day to pan out when I awoke, slighly thick headed, from a night assisting a neigbour clear his Christmas beer surplus.

Rather than venture out, I browsed the web looking at various vehicles with no intet to do any more than simply window shop. After all, my Octavia has years of life left in it yet, I've just had the cam belt done and I should be concentrating my attention on the hole in the roof of the house

Anyway, a couple of cars drew my attention at a not quite so local dealership and the decision was made to venture out as an excuse to get some fresh air. Before I know it, I'm negotiating on price and then signing and agreeing hand over dates.

So, after years of asking daft Octavia and Fabia questions, expect me to pop up here now asking similar things. :-)

Oh, it's blue. The blue ones are the fastest ones, aren't they?

Of course it is, welcome young Gyp.   :bearhug:  :sun:

And YES, the blue ones ARE the fastest...........................particularly Pacific blue which is the Yeti I have :D

After 10 years of Octavia and Fabia ownership and participation over there -> I today find myself having signed up to buy a 9-ish month old Yeti.

It's not how I expected the day to pan out when I awoke, slighly thick headed, from a night assisting a neigbour clear his Christmas beer surplus.

Rather than venture out, I browsed the web looking at various vehicles with no intet to do any more than simply window shop. After all, my Octavia has years of life left in it yet, I've just had the cam belt done and I should be concentrating my attention on the hole in the roof of the house

Anyway, a couple of cars drew my attention at a not quite so local dealership and the decision was made to venture out as an excuse to get some fresh air. Before I know it, I'm negotiating on price and then signing and agreeing hand over dates.

So, after years of asking daft Octavia and Fabia questions, expect me to pop up here now asking similar things. :-)

it's friendly enough, they even let me venture in now and again :giggle:

FYI, Red is the fastest colour for Yetis :)

• Like 1

Welcome.

Are we friendly? Yes, most of the time, but there are "moments"!!

However you also have to remember that most of are also crazy. (or senile!!)

And I'm sorry, but the fastest Yeti's are yellow, but since we can't get one that colour in the UK........................

• Like 4

Hi Gyp, and welcome!  Just a word, if I may? - it's not the colour that counts, as much as the ponies and legs.  And horseshoes.  Oh, and whether your name is Bossfox.  Do tell us a bit more about your SM, and perhaps an general idea of where you are based. :hi:

• Like 1

Hi Gyp, and welcome! Just a word, if I may? - it's not the colour that counts, as much as the ponies and legs.

So as long as I don't buy a 2WD CR110 I should be ok?

Darn it. Second rookie mistake.

I note that Revo map it up to 180 or so though...

And horseshoes. Oh, and whether your name is Bossfox. Do tell us a bit more about your SM, and perhaps an general idea of where you are based. :hi:

Not Bossfox (it's blue, not red)

My SM? Never owned one. Though have had a couple of CX2400 C-Matics in my time.

Based? Typically shuttling betwixt Cheltenham and Wootton Bassett. Currently in Tesco in Cirencester.

Welcome to the Yetigang Gyp, very friendly on here the majority of the time ;)

I will probably be popping in the Yeti forum more often as my dad has just down a deposit for a new CR110 Yeti in.....

Red...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

you and me can raise hell together :D

• Like 1

Sounds good.

Red is the fastest Yeti recorded in public do far, but Rumors say it's soon be overtaken by Steel Grey. ;)

Welcome to Yeti ownership. :)

Aqua Blue or Shark blue?

Sounds good.

Red is the fastest Yeti recorded in public do far, but Rumors say it's soon be overtaken by Steel Grey. ;)

Welcome to Yeti ownership. :)

Aqua Blue or Shark blue?

http://www.ridgeway.co.uk/skoda/used-cars/11375/skoda-yeti/

Aqua blue, apparently.

I'm going to call it damn-near-the-same-blue-as-my-octavia-but-probably-not-close-enough-to-use-the-touch-up-ive-already-got blue

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Gyp,On behalf of the blokes down-under (don't mention the cricket) we will sure say g'day and make you welcome too. As one old friend once said, If you spit on the floor at home, spit on the floor here, cos we like to make you feel at home.

Having traded up from an aqua blue to a black magic I can confirm that Black  Yetis are faster. The change from 140 diesel to 1.8tsi helped! You are very welcome here and we are friendly to all but trolling semi-tones.