Which EGR delete for pd130 BLT

DubDub

Ok so both say on the darkside website that they are both ok of my car so now I'm not sure which one to buy. Has anyone fitted one of else to a BLT pd 130

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

I'm wanting to know the same too as I found two listed for my BLT engined Fabia on Darksides site.

I prefer the second option you have listed as it retains the ASV. So you don't get horrible vibrations when turning the car off.

But no one seems to use that one. Iv searched and can't find anybody running it or any pics of it fitted.

Hopefully someone will be along shortly to shed some light. :-)

Its the first pic if im not mistaken :)

Just have it mapped shut. Cheaper and no hassle :)

ive had mine mapped shut and few months down the line found the egr to turbo pipr split . I recommend putting a blanking plate on the manifold

I'm wanting to know the same too as I found two listed for my BLT engined Fabia on Darksides site.

I prefer the second option you have listed as it retains the ASV. So you don't get horrible vibrations when turning the car off.

But no one seems to use that one. Iv searched and can't find anybody running it or any pics of it fitted.

Hopefully someone will be along shortly to shed some light. :-)

Yeah I'm the same done loads of searching never normally post up but looking to buy an egr delete and a clutch at the same time from darkside.

Same here bud I need to order up pd150 head bolts, EGR delete, EGR cooler delete coolant pipe and a silicone turbo intake pipe too.

I may try and ring them tbh, but I may struggle to this week as it's first week back at work and we will probaly be busy.

ive had mine mapped shut and few months down the line found the egr to turbo pipr split . I recommend putting a blanking plate on the manifold

really? what made it split?

might have to deal with it soon then

really? what made it split?

might have to deal with it soon then

It can split because the pressure from the exhaust has nowhere to go if the EGR is mapped shut, and the flexible section of the pipe is a weak point.. Same reason why when carrying out a delete you should put the blanking plate directly onto the manifold rather than on the EGR pipe..

As Dan said the second one is for the BLT, as it retains the ASV.. I believe you can use the first one on a BLT but you would have to have the ASV mapped out..?

It's the second one, that's the kind that I have fitted on my BLT :)

Have you got any pictures you could post up? Would be a great help!

The ASZ one bolts to the pipe work at one end and then needs a hose with the end cut off jubilee clipped to it

as seen here

egr1.jpg

The BLT is slightly differnet due to the EGR coller and seperate anti-shudder valve and bolts on both sides to the existing pipework

as seen here

2v80fvl.jpg

Thanks everyone for your input on this. Dan is correct we need the bottom EGR delete for a BLT engined Fabia.

I managed to fire off an email to Darkside this afternoon and they have replied confirming this for me.

And they confirmed for me DubDub that we need the £30 EGR cooler coolant pipe not the £17 version as their are two listed for our car.

I'm stumped now I'm going to order that EGR delete but I also want to order the allard group buy top boost pipe to mate up to my Forge FMIC but I'm struggling to see how I would connect the silicone pipe onto the ASV valve? Any ideas? As shown in the second pic of pastys above ^^^^^

I'm replacing all OEM boost hoses so I don't get any leaks and all joints are good ready for my hybrid. I have also bought a replacement Forge flurosilcone hose that comes off the turbo to replace the poor designed OEM boost hoses.

I'm trying to figure out which one to use as well. I want to remove the egr and asv on my Blt but everyone seems to not recommend it. Is it such a bad idea? Which size of darkside egr delete pipe do I need 51mm or 57mm? They are both listed for pd130 but I want to be able to just cut the end off my standard pipe and use that.

Any input in to how I can make the allard group buy top boost pipe, connect up to the OEM boost pipe fitting on the ASV?

Is their an alloy coupler or fitting I can fit in the end of the silicone boost hose?