CG Motorsport - Heavy Duty Performance Clutch Kit Range

I got this set up a few weeks back. It's not a heavy pedal it feels like a normal clutch. I'd say the only downside is how juddery it is.

Have you tried increasing the revs as you pull away? Try setting off at 1500 rpm this usually removes the judder.

If anyone else is interested this comes all pre machined together and I think its a snip at £550 as it is proven to take the power of the SRE race kits and keeps the normal drive feel.

The chatter is the same as you would experience on any diesel when removing the 'silencer' affect of the DMF.

So with it matching the power and torque capabilities of the competition and been considerably cheaper why would you choose anything else?

Thanks

Andy

I don't have a video of it as we don't fit here anymore... we have taken our ramps out to make more room for machines to build performance clutches and flywheels.

Im sure someone can supply. Please note the noise will be different in every car based on the age and general maintenance of the vehicle it goes in.

I will say what I say to everyone though, which is.... If you are a stickler for comfort and can't bear a increase in noise which comes with all conversions to SMF stick with lower power and the DMF.

Andy

It is an awesome kit! I got mine for £510 and it's fine. Once you get used to it it's good! I can't see why you'd pay more for a sach or helix when these are just as good?

Do you have authorised dealers for these kits that are able to offer fitting? A member on here that had, what would appear to be a very bad experience with you, seemed to have the issues pointed towards incorrect fitment if I recall correctly.

I for one would be certainly keen to avoid anything like that scenario myself.

sent from my Galaxy Note 3

• Like 1

Hi, having fit these for so long our selves we really don't have authorized fitters as its a relatively new scenario that we no longer fit ourselves.

We sell to GNJ and have heard good things. Errors can easily be made on fitting these if the mechanic is not to sure of the installation and issues generally arise around the slave cylinder. A average price should be between £200 and £250, you usually get what you pay for in that sense and if you ask the question on here most people will advise on the their own experiences with the fitter / garage.

Hi, having fit these for so long our selves we really don't have authorized fitters as its a relatively new scenario that we no longer fit ourselves.

We sell to GNJ and have heard good things. Errors can easily be made on fitting these if the mechanic is not to sure of the installation and issues generally arise around the slave cylinder. A average price should be between £200 and £250, you usually get what you pay for in that sense and if you ask the question on here most people will advise on the their own experiences with the fitter / garage.

So the fact that "errors can easily be made on fitting these" doesn't fill me with confidence...

And in true Dragons Den style...

"I'm out!"

• Like 1

Errors can be made when installing 99% of aftermarket performance parts. Thats why we recommend you use a trained mechanic who should know how to correctly install a slave cylinder and other associated parts. Our clutches are no different to install than a stock clutch which we would also recommend you use a trained professional to install wherever possible.

So the fact that "errors can easily be made on fitting these" doesn't fill me with confidence...

And in true Dragons Den style...

"I'm out!"

A bit unfair IMHO.

My brother in law took his Audi A6 tdi to a garage we have all used for ages, had new discs and pads on the back.

A year later, and having covered only a couple of thousand miles, he notices problems with the Barnes again

Upon taking the rear wheels off, the discs are fooked, as some idiot had installed the pads incorrectly ; they had been inserted at an angle and looked like a wedge of cheese.

All because a new young mechanic didn't know what he was doing?

Anyone can make a error when fitting any part. It's not going to be the product it's normally the fitter who messes stuff up. I'll be looking in to one of theses soon. People saying they are out coz of fitting when it's nothing to do with the product. Just the helmet behind the spanner!

@Andy That's not what you said though. You made a generalisation that mistakes can easily be made when fitting "these" kits.

There is a rather well documented issue on the forum where a member had a "trained professional" fit one of your kits and he had nothing but problems (I'm not trolling by the way). I'd love to buy in to the fact that these kits are as good as you say, believe me, as I would happily buy one if I had confidence.