Hi all,

Just happily posting my MK1 has passed 166,000 miles and running sweet as a nut. Regular 10K 507 spec oil and filter changes, timing belt, water pump and auxiliaries all on time. Very happy owner.

Rob

My 141000 miles 06 Mk1 went to its new owner last night, Same as yours oil and filter every 10k and was running as well as when I bought it. One of the cheapest cars to maintain and run I ever had.

210k on my 1.9 done all my own servicing (apart from cambelt changes - done at SMC Exeter who are excellent) every 10k. Owned from 10k miles so have got to know it quite well!

SMC fought my corner for me and got a new boot lid under warranty last year (classic number plate light corrosion). Now fitted LED number plate lights and have silicon sealed the plastic lenses.

Had to replace a few things, with approaching 1/4 million miles not to be unexpected, but nothing out of the ordinary. Alternator, fuel temp sensor, wheel bearing, rear shocks and one set of glow plugs.

Did the pollen filter housing repair and repaired the wiring loom for the usual lights not working.

Apart from reversing sensors that I've given up replacing, everything running like new.

My 2004 1.9 awx has just over 250K only problems were the water ingress issue,  2 sets of front joints, 1 set of shocks, one altenater (self inflicted from jump starting others), temp sensor. I put it down to regular service at 10K using quality oil and forget about variable servicing. I do all the work myself. My plan was to sell it on about 6 months ago as I replaced it with a volvo s60 but a brother in laws BMW threw a wobbly so he has been driving it since and he rates it a better car. Another thing I belive in is good honest hard driving, diesel cars don't like plodding around at 40 miles an hour

My 2006 Honda Accord diesel has done 172000 miles and had one clutch and flywheel one ball joint and two sets of rear discs and a battery and a new exhaust manifold.  The VSA light is on now plus it was getting too tight on rear legroom for my 5ft 10 in 14 year old. I had a look at a Mondeo (current shape) which are apparently really spacious and it was no better than Honda.  Got the Superb and just no comparison to any other car for rear legroom. Happy daughter.  

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is on 201,000 miles today.

Not too bad for one of the self-seizing engines.

Sadly   :blush: - no not really - she being changed for her Mk II descendant on Monday next.