Good Bye Yeti

James I

• 5 months later...

I too was upset when the Yeti went back J, so was the missus, Emma and even my parents!! Problem now is that Maria wants to swap the Fabia in for another Yeti. Looks like I'm going to be skint again!!

I too was upset when the Yeti went back J, so was the missus, Emma and even my parents!! Problem now is that Maria wants to swap the Fabia in for another Yeti. Looks like I'm going to be skint again!!

You enjoyed your few months with the Yeti, now the only option is to buy one mate.  :D

• 2 weeks later...

I think Yetis are infectious and I have certainly caught the bug. On a whim I went for a test drive in a 170bhp DSG Elegance Outdoor and I was smitten.

Ok I'd had problems with the sunroof on my Tig but it was only 18 months old but after the extended demo, I couldn't believe the Yeti and the next thing I new I was signing an order and handing over a deposit!

The amazing thing most of the options I paid just under £4000 for on the Tig are standard on the Yeti.

You said how upset you and the family were saying goodbye to the Yeti.... I cannot say the same about the Tig as it needs its fourth sunroof in 18 months as the subframe keeps cracking.

• Like 1

... I cannot say the same about the Tig as it needs its fourth sunroof in 18 months as the subframe keeps cracking.

Seems something is wrong... possibly the sunroof is not the root cause. Is the car flexing too much due to some other problem? Did it miss out on some strengthening somewhere? 

I agree, the bodyshell must be flexing. I don't go off-road except putting the car in the garage! Perhaps a climb of 12" in about 20' is too much!!!! I'm trying to make light of it but the financials sting more than somewhat.

• 5 months later...

James, how optimistic is this...MPG Average 46.3

I managed a lifetime average for the Yeti over 130,000 miles of 44 mpg, these figures were calculated by the fuel card company we used, each time I fuelled up I had to give mileage in.

I also did my own rough calculations and 44 was about right.

On a slow run 50+ was achievable if you push on at 70+ a lot in a head wind you would see low 30's

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Now then, I see my old Yeti is still for sale over a year after it went through the block, it is now down at £6,495, a bargain for a 170 tdi elegance.

MY OLD YETI  hit the link to view, most of the blurb is rubbish, especially mpg figures. It doesn't have sat nav either.

Edited by James I

I see the advert claims a new cam belt and water pump have been fitted, I know for a fact it was never replaced when we had it. 

I am sure it has a lot of life left in it for somebody, it was still pulling like a train when it went, no issues, everything worked.  I would even be tempted to buy it back but the wife will not drive a manual!

• Like 1