Broken Mirror with Pic - can I buy this piece?

Hi,

Got a broken wing mirror due to some over zealous driving coming at me down at country lane.

Piccie attached as I don't know if I can get this piece on its own - its basically the black piece of plastic under the mirror cap - its separate to the mounting so I'd have hoped/thought I could get it - I know where to source new indicator lamp/glass....but this is the final piece of the puzzle...

Any help much appreciated!

post-23202-0-13897300-1389364462_thumb.jpg

No idea if you can buy just that piece. However the strip of plastic containing the LED side repeater is also damaged and the end appears to be missing. If you can patch it up fair enough.

A whole powered/heated/painted mirror assembly cost my insurers £500. Included replacing a chipped side window and having a loan car for over a week. Same circumstances as you in bad weather. A disgraceful sum I know for such a small part..

Edited by gregoir

Just phone your local dealer- that's the best (and sometimes only) place to get parts like that.

I had to replace mirror casing, indicator and the plastic part you need and got all the parts from the dealer for a price which wasn't too extortionate.

If it is a pre facelift Octavia (can't quite tell), then its 1Z0949102 on the driver side.  Suffix is C or D depending on whether you have puddle lamps too and there are the signal leds included in both.

See: http://www.skodaparts.com/product/octavia-mirror-indicator-right-2004-2008-31995 or http://www.skodaparts.com/product/octavia-o-s-indicator-mirror-31996 for the one with puddle lamps too.

Not sure if it is a facelift car sorry.

Adam