Hello from Yorkshire

marin08

Joining the Skoda community for the first time. Heard lots of good things over the years and tried to avoid the few not so good models. First 'proper' car after years of smaller hatches. Hoping it serves me (and the wife when I let her) well over the next few years.

Octavia 2.0L diesel. Picking it up later this week! The information around these forums was very useful when viewing the car for someone who has no Skoda history - so thankyou to those that have posted in the past! It helped me negotiate a better deal and some servicing included before I pick it up as it was nearing a service interval.

Bluevrs- a cyclist by hobby and necessity (quicker and more enjoyable for commuting).

Went further afield to get the skoda- Scotland. Cheaper to buy cars up there and the garage were offering a good servicing deal on the timing belt/water pump/pulleys along with some minor cleanup repairs.

Same here 12,000 miles a year commuting/pleasure although not great at the moment both journeys in the dark and cold/rain on my  Giant CR1 only had my sealskin inner gloves a month and worn them through!