Problem start engine when its warm

I got problem starting engine especially when the engine is lukewarm. In cold mornings no problem. In service computer dont show anything. Some said it is common problem for OctaviaII 2006 engines. Does anyone face that problem?

Generally accepted to be down to the battery or starter motor.

When warm engine has to meet minimum rpm before injecting fuel, when cold it doesn't. So simply battery or starter is not turning engine fast enough.

I'd start with a new battery first and go from there.

I had the very same problem when my engine was warm. It would turn over, shudder and then stop with one hell of a thump! It was the battery.

I changed the battery & it's been fine since. Also, a tired starter motor can give the same symptoms.

I notice your car is a 2006 model. If its on its original battery, I'd change it and see how it goes.

Hope this helps & good luck.

• 1 year later...

we also have a skoda 2007 or 08 and have probems starting the Engine  it Always takes min 3-5 seconds going on starter Before it fires up

also when its warm it starts and dies and we have to try starting it about 10-20 times and if i can get it up in rpm i have to jerk the trottle and then drive away in minimum 4000rpm otherwise it dies and after i have put it on some power and two or three gears its ok and goes as it should until the nex time it happens

have Heard something about "faulty tensioner" problem  ? what is this