Monte Carlo Tech

Guest garpat32

Guest garpat32

Hi!!

Picked up me new Monte Carlo Tech estate on Monday, in red. 105 diesel

So far its great!!!

Me last new car was a 59 plate golf, same engine in that (I think) so its all good :rofl:

Hi there and welcome to the forum, there is a Monte Carlo Register on her; so sign yourself into that to and post some pictures :)

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/233937-official-briskoda-fabia-ii-monte-carlo-register/page-4?hl=%2Bmonte+%2Bcarlo#entry3581212

Edited by Prykey

Guest garpat32

garpat welcome to the club :)  Can I ask where you sourced a red monte tech diesel?  

I ended up with candy white as the only red estate I could find was an ex dem at a dealer in Yorks with 2k on the clock.

Silsbury in cramlington mate, they looked on their "system" and it was at port (sheerness) they also have a red one in the showroom??

Didn't think they were particularly rare?

Edited by garpat32

Silsbury in cramlington mate, they looked on their "system" and it was at port (sheerness) they also have a red one in the showroom??

Didn't think they were particularly rare?

Thanks, annoying.  My local dealer just before Xmas told me there were no red estates left full stop.  Only Estates left at Skoda were Black and a smattering of white ones around the country at dealers.  I really wanted red, with black the last choice and luckily (perhaps not so now) fell on a pre reg (12 miles) candy white estate for less than the list of the petrol.

Two different dealers told me the red tech's were the first to go.  C'est la vie!  Quite like it in white now and it seems the de riguer colour atm so resale shouldn't be an issue.

How are you finding yours?  I've only clocked 500 miles, with 200 of them driving it back from the dealer on the south coast.  Engine is still very tight and the bluetooth streaming is a bit hit n miss but otherwise I'm quite happy.  Oops nearly forgot mine pulls to the left (its on dunlops) and is at the local dealer tomorrow to sort.

Guest garpat32

Went to dealer on 28th Dec, I seen the red one they had on forecourt, and sales guy said hang on I'll see whats available. Seen one was at sheerness so placed it aside. lol I was thinking I wanted white at first like, haha.

only done 80 or so miles, lol, and had no issues with media/Bluetooth etc

Silsbury wouldn't do me a deal on the Monte Tech, kept saying the finance figures weren't on the Skoda system so couldn't work out a deal, wanted to sell me a 2011 diesel for more than I'm paying for my new TSI Tech!

Haggled my deal with Benfield via email then went in when I was happy with what they were offering.

They've been great with the pulling and sorted out my VCDS tweaks I wanted while it was in, all free.

Mine had about 1500 mls on when it became really noticeable then went in with about 1750 mls showing.

It's much better but it does tend to drift a little but only on roads with a heavy camber, it does have a tendency to tramline still but that's more to do with the size of the tyres more than the make.

Just brought mine back from the dealer - said the toe on the front was out and have adjusted the tracking.  Drove it home and.... still the same.   Pulled up at home some 12miles later and there was a really strong burning rubber smell.  Rang the service dept who have no idea other than it shouldn't.... asked me to monitor that and said tracking is now perfect so nothing more to do.  Politely informed them that if it's still pulling left whilst on the rhs of the camber (like it was before) then something isn't right still and it will need sorting.  Overall pretty much my whole day off wasted (school o' clock time soon now).

They did loan me a citgo...... ergh.  Not impressed at all.

Oh nearly forgot too - £138 wanted for roof bars and told me they can't do lowering springs as skoda say there a vrs part only. :/

Edited by capriboy

Guest garpat32

One thing I've noticed that could be better is the position of where the AMI cable plugs in.

Not a big deal really, but could have been better thought out?

One thing I've noticed that could be better is the position of where the AMI cable plugs in.

Not a big deal really, but could have been better thought out?

The mdi thing?  I've not bothered with it yet but may give it a whiz down the line as blutooth streaming isn't perfect.  

Not had a recurrence of the rubber smell - although it's some way away I now think it was a 'freak' draught from the tyre fire in w.yorks.  

Oops my bad - citigo.  Didn't take to it at all, the only car I've driven similar was an aygo and I must say the aygo was an arm and a leg better.

Anyone having insurance fun with the tech?  My existing insurer has lowered the policy over my last bmw, shopping round i've shaved another £80 off that so all good - except Adrian Flux - tried them on recommendation here at briskoda -   and they wanted over £800.  Never laughed so much in my life, thats almost 4 times the cheapest quote i've had.

That's interesting, because having tried quite a few cars I like the Citigo and every review or person I'd heard of that's tried both until now has said the Citigo is a far better car and more modern design.

Still, each to their own.

Be a boring world if we all liked the same stuff. :)

My wife had a C1 before her Fiat 500, same car as the Aygo and it was awful compared the City go I had as a courtesy car

I've not driven either for any length of miles to pass a definitive comment but the demonstrator citigo I had for a day whilst the monte had it's tracking done seemed poor in comparison.  Interior build was much of a muchness, as was general driving but the engine was what really let the citigo down for m - granted at 4.5k it might not have been completely run in but it seemed really unwilling to rev, and it was either that or that coupled with gearing that made stop starting round Notts ring road tiresome.  I'd have thought the citigo would be heavily geared in the lower gears to 'citi' traffic so perhaps the demo just had engine issues.