Skoda Yeti Discounts

awhitham

I wondered what sort of discounts people are getting off the new Yeti - especially Greenline SE or Greenline Elegance.

I've been waiting for the 0% VAT offer to come on again (Had my Octavia VRS bought this way) but there's no sign of it again.

Newregcars suggest a discount of £3328 is achievable on the Greenline Elegance but I don't know if this is realistic.

Wonder if anyone could advise!

I ordered a Yeti Elegance 2.0tdi 110ps with a few extras late last year, with a total list price of £23475. I did the research online to see what I could get one for, and armed with this, I managed to knock the dealer down to £20550.

I did say to him when he offered a small discount (as I was paying cash plus my 2011 Octavia as a trade-in) that I was quite happy to leave, order online through a broker as I have done peviously, and sell my car privately. I think he realised I was serious as there was a second meeting with the sales manager and then far more willingness to deal.

The brokers all seem to suggest around £3k discount is achievable. I didn't quite get my holy grail of £20000 which I used as my opening offer, but realistically, I was happy to pay the slight premium to purchase from the dealer a stones throw from my house.

I ordered in November and got 3000+ off by contacting a lot of dealers and just asking them for their best price. That's off a Outdoor L&K 170, so it can be done. I didn't fancy buying from a broker and would rather know who I'm dealing with. Having said that it's going to be a long trip to collect the car, but that's fine with me.

I got just over £3,000 off my 170 Elegance last year.

No P/X, paid cash and sold my previous Yeti elsewhere.

Skoda Store are a good starting point, like most brokers they quote you a price and will put you in touch with a dealer.

I took the Skoda store price and other quotes and rang around dealers to get the best deal I could.

Very much depends on the dealer flexibility and how close they are to their targets, etc. Some dealers just offer very little discount because they are confident they can sell all their yetis.

My deal meant I had to travel to collect the car but I'm quite happy to do that.

Hey Fuzzy I notice you seem to be getting very good mpg, is this typical for the 170 or are you a very careful driver? I'm interested as that's the engine my car is going to have, when I finally get it :think:

Snafu,

Just clicked over onto 3 years/23k on my CR170, remapped from new and driven 'spiritedly'.

My MPG from new is below.

I do however moderate my motorway cruising speed since economy takes a big hit north of 75ish !

Tend to use mine for longer trips and 'er indoors Fabia (60MPG+) for local errands.

Thanks all for the info and advice! I'll have a look at Skoda Store and see what they have at present.

Is anyone willing to name a dealer (preferably in north of England) either here or by private message that is willing to talk discounts?

Hey Fuzzy I notice you seem to be getting very good mpg, is this typical for the 170 or are you a very careful driver? I'm interested as that's the engine my car is going to have, when I finally get it :think:

I do drive lots of motorway and tend to drive over 75 mph.

I agree with merlinman that over 75 unfortunately the old mpg drops quite drastically.

My previous 140 used to average 42 mpg driven the same way, not sure why the 170 should be slightly less. Lots of oomph though you wont regret buying one!

Thanks for all the mpg info, most useful and interesting...I shall have to curb my instincts and keep my right foot off the pedal a bit. I certainly hear they have a lot of power though, might not be able to contain myself.

As for discounts, awhitham, I will PM you my dealer if you like, and if I can work out how to do it.

Carfile will give a discount of around 14% still, I believe  (http://www.carfile.net/results.php?make=SKODA&model=YETI+OUTDOOR&bodytype=4&carid=) and they have an excellent reputation.  The car would be supplied through Rainworth, Mansfield, and your contract to buy would be with that dealership.

No downside that I can see, having looked into the way that Carfile operate.

• Like 1

Doc is spot on. I have bought from Carfile and they were excellent when I bought a Civic. I bought myYeti sort of via the Skoda store which is Rainworths/Bickertons. But I did visit using the emails sent and I bettered the deal by a few pounds. I only live 4 mikes away which is very handy.

I find them good to deal with.

Doc is spot on. I have bought from Carfile and they were excellent when I bought a Civic. I bought myYeti sort of via the Skoda store which is Rainworths/Bickertons. But I did visit using the emails sent and I bettered the deal by a few pounds. I only live 4 mikes away which is very handy.

I find them good to deal with.

Did you part ex with Rainsworth at all? I have an Octavia VRS I would be part ex-ing.

No px. I paid cash and finished up selling my car through an internet buying outfit ( not WBAC.COM) after failing to sell privately through autotrader.

I did ok with the price taking £200 or so less that my reduced Autotrader price.

No px. I paid cash and finished up selling my car through an internet buying outfit ( not WBAC.COM) after failing to sell privately through autotrader.

I did ok with the price taking £200 or so less that my reduced Autotrader price.

I've never had any luck selling through autotrader. Once you price a car over a few thousand most folks don't have the readies and if they do have cash they expect to be able to buy for daft prices. I've always shopped round and sold to dealers or to a friend who knows the car.

Is anyone willing to name a dealer (preferably in north of England) either here or by private message that is willing to talk discounts?

I've previously dealt with both Alex Lawrie in Liverpool, and Simpsons in Colne. Both of whom I found to be good.

Also worth looking at CarWow - http://www.carwow.co.uk/. It's a good setup I think and quite a fresh approach - gives you a clear view on what willing dealers are prepared to do, so you can easily compare one price with another. It allows you to enter your exact spec including options too, which is very useful I've found.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just tried carwow for a Yeti and got some pretty underwhelming responses today which varied between 3% and 6.9%.  I responded to all of them today asking if they could improve their offer and not a single one replied.  I have a feeling that the five 'personal email' messages from individual dealers were just computer generated letters incorporating a pre-agreed discount.  In other words, carwow wanted to make it appear live and interactive, but in practice they could have told me about the rather feeble 6.9% discount from the start.

I assume tomorrow when the dealers are open I may get some genuine responses from those five dealers.

It seems that carfile at 14% may be the best of the genuine ones (assuming they are).  There are a couple at 17%, but they may be a bit dodgy and require payment directly to them, rather than the dealer, which I am reluctant to do.

When I ordered mine my local dealer matched the 6% offered by the best carwow quote. This was on the 0% finance deal. If you are a cash buyer you should be able to get around 14% discount.

I ordered new 170 elegance from allams and got agreat discount. They give extra discount for briskoda members. Only downside wqs before ordering they gave me a good trade in price then after ordering said they couldnt offer a fixed price due to the wait. Then injanuary they offered me 2500 less on my trade in than inital price so the discount has been wiped jout! Hoping to sell privately

It would be interesting to know what percentage off list the dealer gave you?  I was planning to ask for 14% off.  There are a couple of brokers at 16-17%, but I am not sure if they are genuine.

Edited by RDT

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered a 170 Elegance DSG, I USED THE SKODA STORE and got 14% discount with no trade in. Delt direct with the dealer and no commission . Hope this helps

Only around 6% though if taking Skoda finance. Although that's when it was at 0%, but would imagine still the same as dealers subsidise the low rate finance offered by Skoda UK, so not as much room for a large discount.

Also, I am mystified as to why Skoda UK allow their dealers to offer such large discounts for a car in so much demand and with a 3/5 month waiting time. Although it does seems to happen across the VAG range. Why don't they just lower the RRP and ban all discounts like some manufactures (Dacia?)

I ordered a 170 Elegance a month ago through Orange Wheels (used them before and they're very good). Got £2,900 off (11% discount) with very little effort! They just put me in touch with a franchised dealer who I am currently dealing with.

Edited by yetimus

Only around 6% though if taking Skoda finance. Although that's when it was at 0%, but would imagine still the same as dealers subsidise the low rate finance offered by Skoda UK, so not as much room for a large discount.

Also, I am mystified as to why Skoda UK allow their dealers to offer such large discounts for a car in so much demand and with a 3/5 month waiting time. Although it does seems to happen across the VAG range. Why don't they just lower the RRP and ban all discounts like some manufactures (Dacia?)

I doubt they care, since it won't affect them in any way - just the dealer's margin.  If they lowered the RRP the dealers would lose the fat margins they make on people (a surprisingly large number) who see negotiation as somehow 'dirty' and just pay list price.  Or accept a tiny discount.