04 Fabia vRS rear bumper

sazelle

Hi

I recently was involved in a rear end bump ( Not my fault)  and have had to have the rear bumper and splitter replaced, since it has returned it does not look right I can only explain it as it looks less mean at the back and looks pushed in at the back. I have taken it back to the repair centre and thet insist the correct bumper has been fitted, it no longer sits flush with the car under the lamp at driver side and I can see the location pegs between the bumper and the splitter.

The garage say that the bumper and the splitter do not sit flush but yet the other one did and are also saying that as the car has none genuine Skoda lamps in it this is why the bumper does not sit on the car. I said that they did not fit the lamps and the other one did fit it so if this is correct then this one should fit also?

My question is as my car is an 04 model but my number plate is VR51 is there a difference between bumpers between these 2 dates as I have had to tell the centre on moe tha one occasion what year my car is?

Also is there any tips on how to keep the splitter and the bumber from breaking apart?

Thank you

Have you got a picture of the car?

Do you have before with what was on the car, & now after the repair?

It is a 2004 car regardless of the Personal/Cherished Registration Plate on the car,

No bodyshop should be looking at the Year Indicator on the Registration Number.

Go by the VIN and age of the car.

george

Hi George Iahve a picture of it before the accident but not since the repair, I know I thoughtit was wierd they kept saying 51 plate I changed the plate so I know its an 04 model the new bumber has some strange marks on the corner as well that show where the splitter and the bumper join. I can get a picture this afternoon if I go out to car park.

the VRS was only built between 03 and 07 so if they did put on a 51 plate one then it wouldn't be a VRS. but put up a pic and lets have a look.

Have you tried removing the rear light, fitting the bumper properly, then putting the light back in after?

The rear bumper is a pain to get it to sit right on the clips and line up correctly.

It took me several attempts to get it on properly when I removed it.

As said, put a picture up and we can see what it currently looks like.

I did say this to the man yesterday that if the bumper wont line up to the lamp then remove both and put bumper back first then line lamp to bumper he looked at me like I had killed his first born I will go get a picture and post it thanks guys

• Like 1

ok guys i have the pictures no one else can see it but I know there is a difference with the shape before and after accident I have also sent a picture of the funny peg things that I have not seen before and the bumper gappost-41396-0-58405700-1390401279_thumb.jpgpost-41396-0-16153800-1390401302_thumb.jpgpost-41396-0-91510700-1390401313_thumb.jpgpost-41396-0-73605700-1390402413_thumb.jpg

the VRS was only built between 03 and 07 so if they did put on a 51 plate one then it wouldn't be a VRS. but put up a pic and lets have a look.

Have you tried removing the rear light, fitting the bumper properly, then putting the light back in after?

Hi another query I have since discovered ( although I am not sure how true it is ) that you can no longer get the bumper for the VRS and that its a standard bumper that has been adapted! I was not made aware of this and would have liked to have known as I would have looked at the possibility of a repiar to the exisiting one rather than a new bumper