Another happy Skoda owner (from Norway)

mikaeld

Hi, when half a year ago I compiled the list of successors to our then Hyundai i20, Skoda was nowhere near my conscience. But now we own a mkIII Skoda Octavia, and we love it! It is a black 1,2 TSI hatch with DSG and a few extras (parking assistant, detachable towbar, foldable passenger seat, sunset windows, simply clever and a rear window wiper). For some reason they locally also adds front mud flaps and loading protection. I have noticed there are quite huge differences in what´s set up as standard in different countries, and also what is available as options. Haven´t been able to do any long trips yet, but it is a marvel to drive, and soooo huge compared to our previous cars. Which is a big plus with family. Also, living in the city (Oslo) I am happy to have the "automatic". So cool btw to be able to switch manually if so inclined :rofl:

I found this forum well before the new "toy" arrived, but I am glad I didn´t until after ordering; otherwise the horror stories on here with regards to delivery time might have put us off. And that would have been a shame, I now have to say. Luckily our sales rep seems to be clued in to what options will cause delays, so we skipped stuff like ACC/Front Assist or Lane Assist, which would otherwise have been nice to have. Now we ordered on October 31th and picked it up last week, not too bad!

Really like the manual app´s for smart phones and tablets, I have been reading up on that whilst waiting. So much automatic logic going on everywhere - really something for an IT nerd like me...

Looking forward to testing this "huge" car over the next years!

Mikael