How many Baby Seats Can you fit in a Roomster?

paully

Quick one folks....we have a Grand Daughter aged 20 months, with her baby seat in the back of our Roomster. Our Daughter in law has just found out she is expecting twins  :@ :love: aaarrgh..does anyone know if you can fit three baby seats in the back???..I know its versatile but this is ridiculous  :giggle:

Hopefully someone may have been there in the past ...thanks

Many thanks...think its going to be the eldest in the front seat  (glad I had gadget that switches off the passenger airbag fitted).. the twins in the two back seats and granny(who doesnt drive) squeezed in between them  :giggle:

Well I wrote back then...

I've fitted two BRITAX First Class SI child seats but i don't think there is space for a third one. But there is no problem since there are only two little people back there.

Nowadays we have Britax Roemer KidFix Sict and I still think there is no room for another one. But yet, these are taking a lot of space, maybe the non-sict ones can fit. Well generally Britax Roemers are quite big car seats but I think they are top. I gifted the First Class Si to two different persons. They are still at a mint condition.

This is the First Class Si seat

britax-first-class-si-car-seat-city-silv

And this is the KidFix Sict seat.

britax-romer-kidfix-SICT.jpg

Which is now replaced by KidFix XP Sict, more elegant in my opinion.

KIDFIX_XP_SICT_BlackThunder_XPPadleft_RO

For more information about dimensions of the lastest model click http://www.britax-roemer.com/car-seats/overview-car-seats/kidfix-xp-sict

I hope I helped you a bit more.

P. S. I think you are a happy grandfather and your son, your daughter in law and your grandchildren are lucky enough to have a grandfather worrying about their transportation safety. I wasn't that lucky and I am getting very happy when I am seeing others enjoying what I don't. Not because of parental ignorance or loss, but due to distance from parents and parents in law.

Many thanks...think its going to be the eldest in the front seat  (glad I had gadget that switches off the passenger airbag fitted).. the twins in the two back seats and granny(who doesnt drive) squeezed in between them  :giggle:

May I suggest the one of the twins in front and the eldest with granny squeezed between them, because I think you cannot fit any type of child seat at passenger's seat. Just take a look or / and send an e-mail to the child seat manufacturer in order to get sure.

Damn!! I am really excited because of you! :rock:

I think an adult will struggle to sit in the back for any length of time due to the shape of child seats.

My sister in law can actually fit in a child seat but she can't sit in between 2 child seats and sit back.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Three seats in the back is not a problem, I used to have 1 ISOFix and 2 standard boosters. It was a squeeze but can be done, it's all about where you position the outer seats relative to the centre.

If you have two isofix seats then you are unlikely to squeeze another in between.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone..We dont use Isofix..We presently have a seat that the seatbelt fits through and clicks into its holder then a clamp is applied to the belt itself and holds in position perfectly. (bought from Mamas and Papas)...so having had a look again, I think we can just get three into the back seat using all the rear seat belts  :sun: ...Told you these cars are versatile..Thanks again

Paully don't forget that middle seat's seatbelt comes from the roof of the car plus the way it secures is a bit weird and this fact may do the seat securing procedure very difficult. 

Also don't forget that Roomster is really smart car and has its rear seats equipped wit top teether system too. So even more choices on child seats.

Edited by stratosg