A very happy man

I walked into a Skoda dealer in mid December 2013, and enquired about a new VRS diesel hatch.The salesman asked if I fancied a bog spec, manual, candy white one, as he had a cancelled order which they had just contacted DVLA about getting de-registered.

We went to their storage compound on Team Valley Trading Estate in Gateshead and I he showed me the car. It had 'Pictoris' alloys and silver stitching on the upholstery which i preferred.

Did a deal that day and picked the car up on friday 24th January, after they had registered it.

I absolutely love it... :love:

I then joined this forum today and noticed the horrifc build/delivery times...and could not believe how lucky I am, at taking delivery so fast.

Kind regards

Dave

• Like 4

Nice one.

Mine was a similar situation, Dealership Manager ordered the car, changed his mind shortly before delivery (went for a Yeti) so my Octavia arrived three days after I enquired and drove it away 10 days later!

Enjoy the car Dave...oh and post a pic or two.

Edited by Mence
  • Like 1

But surely at least half the joy of the new car is derived from the long, long wait and the many, many hours browsing this forum for any snippet on information pertaining to you model?

Enjoy your new car and don't forget to post a picture or two!

not really luck though is it, it was a cancelled order

WTF. Its lucky for him, why on earth could the reason behind him avoiding a 20 week wait make it not lucky ? 

He is lucky, any other reasoning I can not understand.

Regards

T

Just ignore him, that's a pretty typical post of that user.

• Like 3

Well,I considered myself lucky to be in the right place at the right time. When I collected the car, a guy came up to me in the showroom and said that he was in the dealership the day I committed to buying it just in case I decided not to.

• Like 3

Short of holding a discussion on the definition of the term 'luck', I think the point is that it would be luck if you had ordered a bespoke car, anticipated a long wait and then the car comes through much quicker. You do not have any control over this process (as well established within this forum) so luck comes into play here.

However, picking a stock car that is available (the reasons behind that are almost irrelevant), is not really being lucky.

Having said that, you got the car, you love it - and thats what matters.

• Like 1

Guest Cossiecol

Nicely done avoiding the massive wait/delay!

I didn't mind the wait (from November) but now it's only 4 or 5 weeks left to wait I am counting the days!

I will promise to post some photos in the future.I have just enjoyed driving it so much.

After I took delivery I drove home in the rush hour traffic from Newcastle and parked up for the evening.

The next day I was out early and picked a mate up and took the scenic route from Chester Le Street to Middleton In Teesdale for some breakfast. It is now filthy and needs a good wash.

One thing i did notice was, with it being white, other road users seem to be more considerate around you.

Does anybody know if any of the Road Policing Units (or 'Traffic' Police, for us of a certain age) are trialling or using them on their fleets yet.I know Cleveland Police have a history of using both the Mk1 and 2 Octavia VRS as Traffic cars.

Kind regards

Dave

I will promise to post some photos in the future.I have just enjoyed driving it so much.

After I took delivery I drove home in the rush hour traffic from Newcastle and parked up for the evening.

The next day I was out early and picked a mate up and took the scenic route from Chester Le Street to Middleton In Teesdale for some breakfast. It is now filthy and needs a good wash.

One thing i did notice was, with it being white, other road users seem to be more considerate around you.

Does anybody know if any of the Road Policing Units (or 'Traffic' Police, for us of a certain age) are trialling or using them on their fleets yet.I know Cleveland Police have a history of using both the Mk1 and 2 Octavia VRS as Traffic cars.

Kind regards

Dave

Maybe you're just lucky......:)

Hi mate,

I have a white vrs estate and travel daily to team valley down the A1 and have noticed a similar experience, which is great.

Enjoy your car i got mine at the end of oct after a 14 week wait and love mine

Dave

Don't let doom bringers on this site put you off and enjoy your new car!

I think doom bringers is a bit harsh....although not an unappealing concept if it could be a superpower one could have. Doom bringing...a lot better than say flying or death rays.

As for the OP being 'lucky'...would it be fair to say that if you can comfortably afford a VRS (even in fairly basic spec) than yes, you can consider yourself lucky these days? That way we completely avoid the argument if he was lucky in the acquisition process.

nice to see you beat the wait and are enjoying your new car :) and they are a very loveable car indeed.

(If youre ever in the DH9 area (stanley) pop in and ill take you out in our tuned vRS TDI :))

Edited by Andrew@DTUK

nice to see you beat the wait and are enjoying your new car :) and they are a very loveable car indeed.

(If youre ever in the DH9 area (stanley) pop in and ill take you out in our tuned vRS TDI :))

Hi Andrew,

I spotted your white VRS estate on saturday the 18th near Leadgate road/Villa Real roundabout.I was in my previous car and got wrong off 'her who should be obeyed' for getting excited about seeing another new VRS.

If i am ever in the area I may take you up on that offer.

Kind regards

Dave

Nice position to be in. Had a similar thing with my Blackline.....went in to have some warranty work done on my old car and ended up being talked into a DSG estate in exactly the colour combination i wanted. One of the last two available and was sat at Emden already built awaiting dealer allocation. Had the car on my driveway about 10 days later.

That beats the ass out of waiting months for a car.

That said ive been lucky with my O3 2.0 TDi Elegance estate. Ordered mid/late December; was built last week and is now sat at Emden awaiting shipping; looking at about a 2/2.5 month factory order lead time.

Edited by pipsyp