Got my new meteor grey VRS today.

I'd stick with your day job as you won't make it as a comedian...

(And yes, I would say that to your face)

I dont plan on being a comedian.......................?

Very happy with my job :kiss:

Edited by tamkyo101

So, come March 1st that'll make me a 'drug dealer' complete with tints and gangster rap bangin' out of the Canton :bandit: , maybe that way I won't be accused of driving a speedy hearse... :giggle:

I detect a sense of humour........................................yay :rock:

Guess all I will doing come June/July is telling people that "Yes it's the final colour" and "No, it's not going back to have it's top coat done" :think:

Edited by tamkyo101

Opinions are just that............personal thinking.

No one is right nor wrong and posting on a forum you should always think before typing "would I say that face to face to a stranger?", if the answer is yes then no problem, if you would not say it face to face your just a "Keyboard Warrior" LMAO

I personally ordered a Meteor Grey VRS Combi because I liked the look of it and thought it was going to be a tad different to something I would normally choose (Metallic Grey, Black or White), I think it suits the car well and was fortunate enough that my local dealer had a Meteor Grey Combi VRS in stock and that polarised my thinking.

Some people make decisions on car colour based on their personality, others base it on what the neighbours will think (Although I am very much of the opinion that If I like it, thats all that matters to me!) and some people buy car colour based on perceived residuals/ease of future sale.

As my car will be a lease car, future residuals/ease of sale never came into my thought process.

My own opinions on colours for the Octy VRS:-

White.......................your so 2007!

Meteor Grey............You dont care what anyone thinks

Black......................drug dealer or you have a penchant for cleaning your car daily!

Metallic Grey..........sensible option

Yellow.....................unless you wear a bow-tie every day or are a "Childrens Entertainer" avoid it

Green.....................Rally drivers only

Blue........................cannot decide what colour, will choose what everyone else has

Red........................clinging on to their youth

Silver..........            your middle management in the financial services sector

The above colour statements are said in JEST! :rofl:

Love this it made me laugh. Colour is such a personal thing and if you like it who cares. As some one who also has a Meteor grey car on order for the same reason I thought it would be a bit different although I must admit was a little unsure to begin with.

I was going to go for the sensible option Metallic Grey!  But now I have seen a few more pictures I love it.

The world would be a boring place if we all liked the same I say . What ever colour Vrs you choose enjoy!!! 

Andy

• Like 3

Meteor Grey for me as I don't care what anyone else thinks

However I think the best approach if you disagree with someone elses choice is to say nothing, otherwise comments can appear rude and intentionally provocative for no reason!

Meteor Grey for me as I don't care what anyone else thinks

However I think the best approach if you disagree with someone elses choice is to say nothing, otherwise comments can appear rude and intentionally provocative for no reason!

Because all the great discourse in history is based on that concept? ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Because of these pictures and some I found in another topic, I decided I wanted to have Meteor Grey aswell. So I called my skoda dealer and asked him if I was still able to change the colour and luckely it was still possible. Also saved me some money so double win. I'm planning to wrap or spray the top and the spoiler of the car to black aswell just so it can match my black pack.

Thanks have to go out to davidgibson9999 for getting something different and sharing real life photos here - this thread puts into clear picture what his colour combo looks like and is no doubt most informative for all of us in making decision.

I like meteor grey - I'm not sure about mixing this colour with the black pack, black wheels and black roof.  (Not that fussy about black wheels anyway and were forced on me as part of the Blackline deal)  I personally prefer white paint if black options are to be specd.  I liked the meteor grey even more on the estate and thought that what Mence has pulled off is excellent.

This is definitely a colour I would consider in the future (only disadvantage is extra pennies).

Thank you gents.