PID SatNav is a nightmare

saurabhdutt

Hi,

I have just given up using the PID's satnav as its a nightmare to use. It so sluggish and gives me dodgy routes all the time. I like my tomtom and use that in my citigo.

Is it just me or any one else has done that too?

Saurabh

Mine works fine in navigation mode, took me on a 600 mile trip up to Scotland a few weeks back and it performed very well. I like the option that allows you to select the route you'd like to take, fastest - slowest, the graphics are fantastic as well when it zooms into ground level to assist with tricky junctions, it shows exactly how it does look out of the windscreen. Gives plenty of warning too. 

Edited by VRSD30

Having used tomtom for years, I much prefer the navgon/garmin I found the reverse, the tomtom wouldn't tell me to turn until it was too late, which was always tricky when there are two exits close together, or a roundabout with 6/7 exits. Often some were listed that were never finished or new ones added that weren't listed...

I wish I have the option to over ride the choice of am I in a car/lorry cycle every time, but thats no biggy.

I have used mobile phone GPS, TTs and Garmins on motorbikes and generally prefer the latter.

But no GPS is foolproof, and I generally glance at the display and directions well before entering any complex junction just to avoid any confusing directions resulting from GPS lag as I change direction.

I find mine very good if a little slow compared with my stand alone Garmin I also have.

Like what's been said above read all sat navs well in advance when approaching major junctions and turn offs etc and use in conjunction with road signs and road markings.