PID Update

daveface

So on the weekend I plugged my PID into the PC too look for an update! There was one so off I went downloading (250ish Mb) from memory. Now some intreating things!

It seems with this update it does a new installation of the software, including and update to the Bluetooth module?!

I say it's a new install as after it had completed the reboot sequence it stopped and said something like "welcome to your brand new car, please plug me in" once you plug it in it runs through you initial setup again including looking up you vin number!! From this I would guess if you wanted to sell your PID you could do this update then sell it as it won't be joined to any car?

Changes I have noticed?

- The screen doesn't seen to be as responsive as it was before, which is very odd!! - might just need a reboot?

- When playing the radio the radio station logos are now shown! Didn't do that before!

- I have also noticed that when playing music from the microsd if I turn the car off and it puts the PID into standby upon restart it's defaults back to the radio rather than straight back into my last song that was playing off the PID - annoying more than anything else!

That's about all I noticed, I don't know if others have already commented on the above but I thought I would share my thoughts!

BL: 2.10 and OS: 2.10 on boot up.

Cheers Dave

Is yours the newer Garmin unit?

Mine is the Navigon.

Just plugged it in an checked software, it says mine is up to date, installed version 7.10.25

BL: 1.58 and OS 2.15 on boot up

From the BL: and OS: I would say its a Garmin.

I think this was covered under the following post late last year

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/299677-new-garmin-firmware-update-beware-factory-resets-pid/?hl=%2Bgarmin#entry3572708

Yeah I have the Garmin, so looks like the software versions are slightly different! Which I am a little suppressed at as I assume the differences and marginal!

Can't remember the version it updated too, I will check on the weekend and give the map updates ago as I also missed out (although I am not that worried)

From the BL: and OS: I would say its a Garmin.

I think this was covered under the following post late last year

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/299677-new-garmin-firmware-update-beware-factory-resets-pid/?hl=%2Bgarmin#entry3572708

I thought I had read a post previously about something like this but being on my phone i couldn't find it! So sorry for the duplicate :-)

Yes, this "update" is bloody annoying! My Garmin pid worked perfectly well until I updated it. Mine too now forgets where it was when taken off the mount and will only play music from the SD card when you select either the radio or CD then go back to SD. Bizzare. The Bluetooth connection cuts in and out for the first 5 mins too. The amount of selections that now has to be made just to get the thing going will cause an accident, I'm sure.

Turned a great little device into rubbish. Bring on another update!

By the way, you can't return to factory settings as Fresh will not let you download any nav maps without first updating the firmware to this nasty version.

Edited by fenderstrat

...will only play music from the SD card when you select either the radio or CD then go back to SD.

I'm not sure I understand what is not now working, but bear in mind that I am still waiting for my car/PID...

I would expect the SD card to be the music source when we 'go back to SD'. Or are you saying that if you then switch to CD or radio that doesn't work?

Sounds irritating, but I'm unsure what is not now working :)

I'm not sure I understand what is not now working, but bear in mind that I am still waiting for my car/PID...

I would expect the SD card to be the music source when we 'go back to SD'. Or are you saying that if you then switch to CD or radio that doesn't work?

Sounds irritating, but I'm unsure what is not now working :)

Before the update the pid began to play music from whatever source (CD, SD or radio) was last used when it was turned off. Now, if that source was music from the SD card, it displays the album art but won't play music, even when I press play, next, previous etc. It just hangs. The only way it will begin playing from the SD card again is to select another source (radio or CD), let this begin playing through the speakers, then go back and select SD again.

What a hastle! Also, I usually have the SD card on random play and it used to remember this setting when turned off. Now it doesn't so I have to go back into the menus and reprogram the shuffle setting.

Pain in the neck all because some numpty programmed it wrong, it worked before so is simply but annoyingly a software problem.