anyone mounted the door sill covers?

I recently bought the original skoda door sill covers (a complete set of 4 - 2 for the front and 2 for the rear doors). however, by reading the mounting instructions I should also buy separately the moulds who would allow me to place/stick the sill covers to the designated optimal position.

it should still be straightforward procedure but by not having the moulds (and they also can not be bought at my dealer or superskoda) I'm afraid I may miss the right spot and compromise them...

any suggestions?

Edited by martinko

I fitted mine without template, I lined them up to where looked right with contour of sill against shape of protector with the adhesive still sealed. I then marked sill with removable ink pen as guide to where protector was to fit, then refitted protector with adhesive strip just started, pulled strip off as I kept in line with my markings, cleaned ink of sill. Left to dry for 24hours before getting car wet. Remember to clean sill before fitting as well. I found my protectors wanted to naturally sit in the right position of the sill contour.

Edited by Pumatron
  • Thanks 1

I too fitted these to my previous Octy & it was straightforward. As Pumatron stated line them up & mark with removable ink pen. One word of warning though, the instructions tell you not to fit them in cold conditions. Best to fit inside a building & if the cills are cold warm them using a hairdryer or the adhesive won't stick fully.

Just fitted mine as suggested above and as I don't have a building or garage big enough to house the barge, then a hair dryer was used to warm things up a bit.

Only tricky part was getting the lip that curls down to fit snug against the sill without being too far away or too tight. Mind I did end up with one being a little tighter a fit at one end then I'd have liked but it stuck firm a bit quicker than I expected :S

Used the join line in the plastic inner door trim to help line both sides up in a similar position;

Front 11cm from the join to the rear of the sill cover

Rear 13cm from the join to the front of the sill cover

TP

• Like 2

Hi

Those sill covers do look nice,How's it going your new car ? And What sort of mpg are you getting . (A ) on a long run and ( B) local roads town use etc.

Cheers

Pete.

Hi Pete,

very impressed with the car so far, noticeable improvement on the Golf V derived Yeti in terms of refinement etc. Fuel wise then the 6 mile run into Driffield and back gets me around 40mpg from cold. Best 36 mile run along the A166 to work has produced 49.7 mpg, with the worst being 44.9. Still less than 350 miles on the clock mind. Oh first fill to fill figure at 316 miles came out at 46.4 mpg, a similar figure to what the Yeti was producing latterly.

Have also uprated the dipped beam with nightbreaker bulbs and the lights are nearly on par with the xenon in the Yeti and I'm also very happy with my choice of options, as indicated above the ride on the jacked suspension is very good, the variable boot floor is handy for making the boot more user friendly, particularly like the upper load deck being at the same level as the opening and the hidden under-storage. Colour maxi I also like, matches the infomat display perfectly.

Have a couple of very minor niggles, a blemish in the paint on the nsf wing but thankfully small and masked by the white colour (why it was missed at the factory/dealers I suppose) and the steering feels ever so slightly unsettled at national speeds, a sensation like your constantly having to input very minor corrections to keep it on-line. The later I'm monitoring to see if it settles, if not I may get the tracking checked as the steering is fractionally right hand down.

Regards,

TP

If you buy them from a dealer, the brochure price includes fitting!

The sill covers I've gone for are only available via superskoda. They claim they are original Skoda parts and do indeed have Skoda part numbers and literature supplied with the packaging but I'm under the impression they are made to a superskoda design rather than Skoda Auto and probably by the same manufacturer that supplies the OEM part available at the dealer :wonder:

TP

• 3 years later...

I've just bought a set from here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OEM-Skoda-Octavia-III-Decorative-door-sill-covers-5E0071303A-/263433632765? 

Mine came to around £64 delivered after the conversion from $.  Took around 10 days from CZ.  They were the cheapest I had found anywhere.  Hoping for a bit warmer weather to fit them now.

Den