centre console wrapped

Had a bit of free time last night and it was far to cold and wet to go down the garage so wrapped the centre console trims. I know stickerbomb is a bit Marmite but the black carbon wrap that was on was boring me so needed some colour 

2mb9g5.jpg

Sorry it's a bit fuzzy going to do the headlight switch trim to night and if I've got enough left maybe the small trim on the door panels ( the one with mirror adjust/ passenger window switch in ).  Will put some better picks up tonight.

The gear lever surround just pops out, so does the stereo/climate surround, the ash tray has 4 torx screws holding it in but once they're out it just pulls forward. 

Here's a few more pics I had enough to do the trims on the doors and a tiny bit left over to do half of the key did the other half in carbon. 

34r6ptf.jpg

wtwuvd.jpg

2r7lvlz.jpg

98frbt.jpg

• Like 1

I like it!  It's fun, brightens the cabin up no end, and it can easily be removed to put it back to standard when you sell it.

You've done a really good job of fitting it too,

• 10 months later...

Nice man, very jolly. I did my centre section in white carbon to match the grill, did the centre section but a few awkward corners and sketchy bits bugged me so I took it off. Might try again one day, how did you get on with those rounded and rolling down corners behind the gear stick? They really annoyed me and once I'd worked the wrap round and warmed it never stuck properly and had a few little wrinkles. Maybe my wrap was too thick? I found the ashtray and other bits very satisfying to do though.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but the pictures don't seem to be showing.

Does anyone have a how to on removing the centre console/dash trims for wrapping at all?

Didn't realise it was an old thread haha should have read your post first! They all basically pop off with some persuasion with a flat blunt tool. Squeaze the gearstick gator to pop that out and thread the surround over it. This will reveal a couple of torx screws for the ashtray and there's a couple below the ashtray itself, don't try and just pop out ashtray lid because this will collapse the spring mechanism and catch more than likely!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Guys i loved it just brightened up the dull dash, not everyone's taste but the wrap was cheap and was nice to work with. The best way to do the corners on the surround is to warm it up with a heat gun and stick it to the underside of the trim. As its wrapped underneath it stays stuck.

Thanks Guys i loved it just brightened up the dull dash, not everyone's taste but the wrap was cheap and was nice to work with. The best way to do the corners on the surround is to warm it up with a heat gun and stick it to the underside of the trim. As its wrapped underneath it stays stuck.

What did u use to do this? Is it dipped or wrapped?

Thanks

I've just cracked on with my 2nd attempt at white carbon. Just need to do the stereo surround, pics to follow soon. Got the gearstick surround done sweet as a nut this time.

Nice mate pop us a pic when you finish it looking to wrap the ST centre console and not sure what to go with as its a bit bland like the octy dash.

Nice mate pop us a pic when you finish it looking to wrap the ST centre console and not sure what to go with as its a bit bland like the octy dash.

Will do, the white carbon is growing on me, I need some more bits done to balance the grill surround, but yeah, see what you think. I'm just waiting for more to come to do some switches and finish off.

I've just cracked on with my 2nd attempt at white carbon. Just need to do the stereo surround, pics to follow soon. Got the gearstick surround done sweet as a nut this time.

Looking forward to this. The standard dash effect is pretty pants imho so been looking at Matt silver or white carbon... Will be interesting to see how yours comes out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking forward to this. The standard dash effect is pretty pants imho so been looking at Matt silver or white carbon... Will be interesting to see how yours comes out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Watch this space, just did my light switch surround. Got the stereo surround still when I get more (in transit). Still not sure whether to do vent surrounds but will probably do door handle fascias front and rear. I'll probably post pics when I've done stereo surround, won't be finished all round but will give you a rough idea.

As promised, there we go, white isn't it?  Brightens it up though.  I didn't do a how to because to be honest I'm a bit sketchy and I'm sure others can do a better job, however if anybody wants any advice feel free to pm me.  Couple of points to note for anyone planning on using carbon wrap, I go for 3D for a more pronounced carbon effect but it can feel quite thick so at times difficult to work on small parts.  Also, it will mean that the ashtray lid rubs the gear surround if you go over the edges for full effect, lid still pops up, just needs more of a firm tap than a push to get the spring working. However, for the last few bits I found this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300739541365?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&var=600055686531&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

As luck would have it, it is a tad thinner than previous stuff I'd bought so was a bit easier to work with and had a nice stick to it.  Decent price too.  I had a frustrating time with the light switch surround, I did it yesterday but looking at it today wasn't happy, 2 further attempts later I reckon it's ok.  What I did was cut inside holes and leave an even margin all round, warm and fold in, but be careful not to leave too much to interfere with any catches and such. Anyway, enough blabbering, here's the pics: 

20150108_160823_zps5b05371a.jpg

20150108_160845_zps5f2907e6.jpg

20150108_160918_zps2ee38f67.jpg

20150108_160759_zpsfe9d32b4.jpg

The flash went off so it's less dazzling in reality

• Like 1