Mud flap options for the FL?

docc

Rear mud flaps are available, factory-fitted, for a reasonable £20 - but not fronts, so far as I can see.  Or has this changed recently?

Has anyone managed to specify factory-fitted flaps all round on a FL?  Or are the fronts only available from dealers?  Presumably it's a five minute job to fit them as part of the PDI, so no outrageous fitting charge?

I shall be a bit ****ed off if dealer fit is more expensive than factory fit cos I asked for them when I ordered and the salesman said they can be fitted by the dealer on delivery

Edited by simonmc

So, I went into the dealer to sign the final paperwork for pickup tomorrow. I decided to get the interior mats, reversible carpet/rubber boot mat... and the mud flaps. They wanted £25 for the fronts, £29 for the rears, plus fitting, making about £90 in total. So, they fobbed me off from ordering the £20 per end option on the factory order in order to stiff me on delivery? I think not! I pointed out that they (the dealer themeselves!) are selling a full set for £41.95 +P&P on ebay and they magnanimously... let me have them for the ebay price but no offer to fit them. Anyway, as I told them, I have built a car (Caterham style kit car) so I think I should be able to fit some mudflaps :) With the fitting charge saved I think we will go out for a meal!

Just fitted fronts and rears to my FL.

Fronts are a breeze, very straightforward. Rears however are a bit of a bitch.

In Consultation with the dealers mechanic via the phone (who had luckily fitted a pair to an FL last weekend himself,) the conclusion was that two bits of hard plastic at the base of the mudflap (concealed in the flap's that slide over the car bodywork either side of the metal clip) has to be cut out to allow a snug fit. 

Hope that helps anybody else who decides to self fit.

• Like 1

So, I went into the dealer to sign the final paperwork for pickup tomorrow. I decided to get the interior mats, reversible carpet/rubber boot mat... and the mud flaps. They wanted £25 for the fronts, £29 for the rears, plus fitting, making about £90 in total. So, they fobbed me off from ordering the £20 per end option on the factory order in order to stiff me on delivery? I think not! I pointed out that they (the dealer themeselves!) are selling a full set for £41.95 +P&P on ebay and they magnanimously... let me have them for the ebay price but no offer to fit them. Anyway, as I told them, I have built a car (Caterham style kit car) so I think I should be able to fit some mudflaps :) With the fitting charge saved I think we will go out for a meal!

Result! Picked up the car this morning and they had fitted the ebay-price flaps for no charge... mind you, that's the only thing they did give us.

• 1 year later...

On Yeti 1 bought what the dealer called their protection pack, which included front and rear mud flaps, fabric mats and boot liner. From memory cost was a little over £100.

For Yeti 2 rear mud flaps factory fitted £20, front mud flaps dealer fitted £40, clearly labour rate higher in UK than CZ. New internal mats bought from Superskoda on last week's 20% off offer. Boot liner will be transferred across.

Another strange Skoda option where you can only get half the mud flaps factory fitted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The "Protection Pack" was not an official offer, but something your dealer put together.

Yes the protection pack was specific to the dealer, something they put together and sold it as such, this time round only need the dealer to fit front mud guards, existing boot-liner is as good as new and will transfer across to new Yeti and bought rubber mats ready. To be fair to the dealer as I drove a hard bargain will leave my existing well worn fabric mats in the car for them!

Yes the protection pack was specific to the dealer, something they put together and sold it as such, this time round only need the dealer to fit front mud guards, existing boot-liner is as good as new and will transfer across to new Yeti and bought rubber mats ready. To be fair to the dealer as I drove a hard bargain will leave my existing well worn fabric mats in the car for them!

The rubber mates do seem to be much more resilient to wear from drivers' heels (male or female) than the textile ones. I'll transfer my rubber mats to Yeti No 2 when it arrives, though the then exposed carpets will be left with a rather fetching dimple design from the underside of the mats!

• 3 months later...

Just fitted fronts and rears to my FL.

Fronts are a breeze, very straightforward. Rears however are a bit of a bitch.

In Consultation with the dealers mechanic via the phone (who had luckily fitted a pair to an FL last weekend himself,) the conclusion was that two bits of hard plastic at the base of the mudflap (concealed in the flap's that slide over the car bodywork either side of the metal clip) has to be cut out to allow a snug fit.

Hope that helps anybody else who decides to self fit.

Do you have a photo of them fitted ???