*HELP* TDI Exhaust + Springs *HELP*

Hey everyone! I'm new to this site today so bare with me.

I own a 07 Octy VRS tdi, I'm wishing to upgrade the exhaust system either with a custom or a make.

My questions are, which is the best to go for? Turbo back, cat back, straight through???

I want performance as well as a nice noise/note, not into the look at me boyracer thing any more but a nice sound especially when giving it the beans would be nice however do a lot of motorway miles so don't want a loud annoying drone. I will be going for a Stage 1 map after so things like the dpf won't matter as I'm getting it programmed to be removed from ECU.

Secondly what are the best lowering springs to go for? Ones that don't really make the ride hard or uncomfortable but still give a better look to the OEM 4x4 look.

Many thanks and I really hope someone can help or point me in the right direction...if anyone has any videos or sound clips that would be superb.

Look forward to hearing your replies.

Ps- I want to keep the exhaust MOT legal. Don't know if CATS matter on a Diesel.