HELP NEEDED ASAP! NO THROTTLE AT ALL AND EPC LIGHT ON.

Hi as topic says my car has no power at all through the pedal. I was at a roundabout and went to pull out and the pedal went to the floor and no power at all. It idles at 11/1200 rpm so managed to crawl it home using gears.

Vag com reads - accelerator position sensor too high

the epc light is on and wont reset. It did it before but turning the car off and on solved the problem.

Tried a new pedal from a golf gti but doesnt seem to be the problem.

Any ideas guys? Need the car running asap.

Oh really? Didn't expect that? That causes a loss of all power?

Yeah it did on my Ibiza it through it into limp mode and I just ignored it until it went tits up and had to fit new sensor. It's just not seeing the pressure change so try's to protect the car and throws it into limp mode. I can't remember if the vrs has a pressure sensor on the pas pump but the fault code and fault just sounds very like mine did hope this helps?

What map did you have done? My vrs had a lack of power and it was logging faults with throttle body. I carried out wiring checks and found that when the person before had it mapped they cracked the ecu open and I found that water got in a corroded the terminal! Gave it a new wire and terminal and she was as good as new!!

Maybe check the ecu for water ingress??

Update!!! 

The 4 wires on one of the lambda sensors had all sheared off and were touching the exhaust. 

Would this fry the ecu?

I have re-joined the wires now but still no pedal at all!!

I have disconnected the battery again to see if this works.

Update!!! 

The 4 wires on one of the lambda sensors had all sheared off and were touching the exhaust. 

Would this fry the ecu?

I have re-joined the wires now but still no pedal at all!!

I have disconnected the battery again to see if this works.

Checks the fuses dude might have blown it! It won't clear the fault if the fuse is blown

Anyone any ideas? Scratching my head now. Reconnected the lambda sensor wires but still wont work. What fuses am I meant to check?

Every time I search for a solution there are no answers.

My symptoms are. It starts and revs at 1100ish rpm and doesn't move/ hunt.

Changed tb and pedal but no difference.

Epc light is still on. Its like there is no pedal in the car as it wont rev at all.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone any ideas? Scratching my head now. Reconnected the lambda sensor wires but still wont work. What fuses am I meant to check?

Every time I search for a solution there are no answers.

My symptoms are. It starts and revs at 1100ish rpm and doesn't move/ hunt.

Changed tb and pedal but no difference.

Epc light is still on. Its like there is no pedal in the car as it wont rev at all.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!

The error codes are both for the accelerator pedal position senders - not the throttle body. The error message states you have simultaneously lost G79 and G185 which is unlikely.

When this happens it is usually the ECU, the ECU fuses or a short on one of the other sensors (pulling the internal power rail down). Are you sure you reconnected the Lambda sensor correctly?

Yes the lambda sensor was touching the exhaust so I have reconnected those wires.

Where would I look for the ecu fuses? How do I know if the ecu has failed?

IIRC, the ECU is fed from fuses 12, 29, 32, 34, 37 & 43 (some may not be used on your car). These are in the main fusebox at the end of the dash.

When this kind of problems occurs it affects the ECUs ability to report the correct fault.