Richard's mk1 Fabia thread. (Yes, I have a mk1 Fabia problem...)

BossFox

I removed the engine cover to show the magnifcent 1.4 MPI Rocker cover to which Richard said "Still a heap of ****" lmao.

But yes i was trying to find the oil leak certainly not coming from the top of the engine, One thing Richard did say was the PAS light has popped up a few times and the puddle of oil on the floor was quite far back. 

Leaky rack im thinking, If im right it will jsut go to show how bullet proof these 1.4 MPI engines are ;) (ignoring the plastic welded Thermostat cover :p )

Shame about the colour as the engines looks to be in an alright shape, new plugs and Aux belt with some other bits too. most original too, most of the 1.4 MPI's ive seen are missing bits like the hot intake hose etc.

• Like 3

I removed the engine cover to show the magnifcent 1.4 MPI Rocker cover to which Richard said "Still a heap of ****" lmao.

But yes i was trying to find the oil leak certainly not coming from the top of the engine, One thing Richard did say was the PAS light has popped up a few times and the puddle of oil on the floor was quite far back.

Leaky rack im thinking, If im right it will jsut go to show how bullet proof these 1.4 MPI engines are ;) (ignoring the plastic welded Thermostat cover :p )

Shame about the colour as the engines looks to be in an alright shape, new plugs and Aux belt with some other bits too. most original too, most of the 1.4 MPI's ive seen are missing bits like the hot intake hose etc.

New rack time? Is it the same as other Fabias?

Shame to rip that magnificence to parts ;)

you say Shame, i say good riddance! :P the worst thing would be to unhome that engine.... then again i would like to tear one down :D

Give this to Taylor, better than that Silver thing that's constantly broken ;)

Give me the Skyline?

Yes please. Provided i dont have to insure, tax or pay for the fuel!

Give me the Skyline?

Yes please. Provided i dont have to insure, tax or pay for the fuel!

You would be surprised. I done a quote on a R34 GT-R came back at just over £2000. I paid more then that for my first year in a Skoda felicia with raw power.

Had a bit of a result today.

Was up at Jabbasport checking Citigogo progress and having the TTS/RS hubs put on the Yeti and met a customer that had a car they were looking to sell for noticeably less than it would cost to build the engine alone as life means they just don't have time to use it any more.... :)

So it looks like I've bought another donor...

Only this one has a forged 1.8t 20v engine with turbo, manifold etc already running a little over 400bhp, willwood 310mm brakes, LSD, uprated clutch and so forth.

Err, surplus Polo GTI ! :D

What's the donor car?
  • Like 1