Leaseplan order

Has anyone got experience of ordering via Leaseplan? I ordered a VRS estate 2nd week of Jan, via my company, and am being told delivery date approx end of April but not confirmed.

I've asked for a build week and they said that all the info they have is end of April. Based on what I read on here if I get it at the end of April I'll be very lucky!

My order was placed with Leaseplan.  What a bloody carry-on it's been!

I placed the order with my Lease company on the 10-09-13 - I had been trying to get them to accept my order since the launch date of the vRS in July 2013 - their system wasn't ready!!!
They finally accepted the order on the 13-09-13 and told me it would be ready before Christmas.
Forwarded the order to the Skoda dealer 20-09-13
Accepted by the Factory on 15-10-2013 (almost a month later!)

They then told me it would be ready in the first week of January.  Then week 4. Then week 8, Then week 12. Then week 21!

Finally, last friday they told me it was being built this week and I should get delivery early March.

The excitement of a new car (my first ever in nearly 30 years of driving) has all-but gone.

My previous 2 cars were with leaseplan, I had no issue in fact if anything they were excellent support during the lease.

They weren't compedertive when pricing my new vRS otherwise I would have continued to use them.

My last two cars have been with Leaseplan too, but they were taken from the corporate reallocation pool (employees leave, the lease is taken on by the company).  The service provided during the lease has been really good.  This is the first time I've ordered a new car with them and the service has been, well, see above....

Has anyone got experience of ordering via Leaseplan? I ordered a VRS estate 2nd week of Jan, via my company, and am being told delivery date approx end of April but not confirmed.

I've asked for a build week and they said that all the info they have is end of April. Based on what I read on here if I get it at the end of April I'll be very lucky!

My car's through leaseplan.

No problem with them at all.

I even knew who would be the supplying dealer so I could email/talk to them direct about build and delivery dates.

Changes to build are down to the manufacturer not the leasing company....and they don't pre-order anything so with no options = fast delivery (but who wants no options??).  My TDI with most options ticked took 16 weeks order to delivery.  And I think I was the first in the country with this spec and deffinately in the North East as it took over a month before I saw another one (And that was a bog standard grey one!)

Lease companies often pre order cars that are popular and then tweak the spec to fit as they have customers sign up. Probably what happened with yours to get the shorter build time.

I went with Jet Lease and they pre-ordered some too, I got allocated one of them and they are "Tweaking" the spec to my spec for build week 21.