awesome rolling road day date finally arranged!

mikejay

Was hoping to come down and throw the octy on but I'm working and even worse I'm working literally just down the road :(

check an phone al at awesome and see what time the last run on the rollers is .

Yeah loved it dispite my cars little hicup. See you guys at awesome again week wednesday to try and get it sorted.

We do offer a car wash at awesome guys, using wash mits and grit guard buckets to reduce swirls. just ask the guys on the desk. Regards Dan (awesome valeting). See you all bright and early. 

need 6-8 litres of lemon yellow to correct my paintwork :rofl:

Was a good day and put more faces to names.

Couple of V8's ran and both down on power but sounded awesome, C63 and S4.

V6 black Superb estate was very nice and exhaust gave it a nice soundtrack.

Just lookin at your torque figures mattH, is that with a standerd clutch? I got 340 out of my old fabia with an upgraded clutch. Thought you couldnt get over 300 without totally cookin a standard clutch?

Thanks Al,

I'll get there late morning hopefully catch the last couple of cars. Then get mine on.

mikejay - ill be in a BMW 135i

I am, that will be interesting, n55 vs n54 :)

From what i remember don't think was much between you two guys, N55 only read up to 5k rpm for some reason :think:

Yes, awesome kept the suspense by not showing that criticle last 1500 rpm on the n55

It was indeed virtually identical at 5k, was quite interesting.

We had a chance on the way home to find out a bit more but I was to busy comparing a sign to my nav and completly missed the jump, doh!

And thanks for organising Mike :)

• Like 1

Just lookin at your torque figures mattH, is that with a standerd clutch? I got 340 out of my old fabia with an upgraded clutch. Thought you couldnt get over 300 without totally cookin a standard clutch?

Yes standard clutch at the moment. Keeps doing me proud this little motor.

• Like 1

Yes, awesome kept the suspense by not showing that criticle last 1500 rpm on the n55

It was indeed virtually identical at 5k, was quite interesting.

We had a chance on the way home to find out a bit more but I was to busy comparing a sign to my nav and completly missed the jump, doh!

And thanks for organising Mike :)

Yes there was a problem with the dyno not reading my revs past 5000 rpm and stopping the graph on each run, operator was unsure why, which is a big disappointment really.

Its usually over 5k where the major differences in N54 and N55 engines, with the N54 holding onto the torque a little better as the N55 runs out of puff.

So I got 348bhp and 398lb/ft - so the torque is bang on what I expected but I was expecting 360-370bhp which it might have made at 6k if the dyno read it properly.

Indeed thanks for organising it Mike, although I wasn't part of the Skoda set-up the day wouldn't have opened up to the rest of us if your day hadn't gone ahead

r200ti - I had plugged my Cobb in and was logging a 4th/5th gear pull so wouldn't have shot off so quickly otherwise! - ill send you a pm to keep all this BMW rubbish off the forum :-)