Vrs Used values and demand

Morning all,

I hope you are well.

With all these waiting lists for Vrs models which is rediculous it just kind of got me wandering what the nearly new/used values are looking like.

Im not thinking of cashing in or getting rid, although with the amount of blinkin pot holes that keep appearing I sometimes think a Yeti or Octy 4x4 would have been wiser :giggle:

Are dealers offering good px deals (skoda) for nearly new, good spec cars or are they depreciating heavily as most new cars do?

Ex demos dont seem to move overly quickly....

Kindest Regards

Pullers

If you part exchange almost immediately I'd be very surprised if you don't see a £3,000 drop at least.

Demo cars are cheaper, a used one will be cheaper than a demo.

Plus the dealer margin.

Mines not going anywhere for a while...its a great car.

Just out of interest really....Do genuinely feel for people who are waiting....the times are getting crazy. I waited just over 4 months and that was torture! :happy:

Just out of interest really....Do genuinely feel for people who are waiting....the times are getting crazy. I waited just over 4 months and that was torture! :happy:

I know what you mean, I waited 9 whole weeks for mine!  :D;)

Try waiting for a Yeti a few years back.

Ours were 6 and 7 months.

Used values will remain very high for a year or two. VRS III's have only been available for ~7 months, 3-4 months of which were waiting lists for many owners. As most lease and private owners keep their cars for a minimum of 2 years, the only used examples will likely be dealer demonstrators with low mileage and nearly-new price tags. With brokers offering 12-14% off of new car prices, you may be just as well off buying a new car.

After 2 years the used prices will plummet, as with most cars. Hot Skoda's are not known for great long-term residuals.