MOT fail

It's your choice to remove the drivers airbag, though removing it could disable the whole SRS system.  This includes the seatbelt pretensioners (seatbelts can stretch up to 20cm) as well as the passenger airbag.  You could be laying yourself open to a claim from an injured passenger, should the worst happen.

It's your choice to remove the drivers airbag, though removing it could disable the whole SRS system. This includes the seatbelt pretensioners (seatbelts can stretch up to 20cm) as well as the passenger airbag. You could be laying yourself open to a claim from an injured passenger, should the worst happen.

well that's a loaf of rubbish because my seatbelt pretensioners still work fine. Like Matt says, it's our choice if we want an airbag or not you can tell me a million times the risks and dangers of not having one but at the end of the day, I'm not going to take my Momo off :)

It's your choice to remove the drivers airbag, though removing it could disable the whole SRS system.  This includes the seatbelt pretensioners (seatbelts can stretch up to 20cm) as well as the passenger airbag.  You could be laying yourself open to a claim from an injured passenger, should the worst happen.

Surely the car would display a fault code if this was the case? 

This is entertaining, starts off as useful information and a heads up for anyone with an aftermarket steering wheel. 

now we're onto seatbelts?  :think:

i was aware it was an MOT failure, but then again, i still have standard wheel so its not a problem for me. 

and about steering weight vs steering wheel size for same effect? the vrs already has it set to heaviest. which is still rather light imo

This is entertaining, starts off as useful information and a heads up for anyone with an aftermarket steering wheel. 

now we're onto seatbelts?  :think:

i was aware it was an MOT failure, but then again, i still have standard wheel so its not a problem for me. 

and about steering weight vs steering wheel size for same effect? the vrs already has it set to heaviest. which is still rather light imo

They're related, read Fordfans post about the SRS system.

Is it?, do they? - you may learn something about the safety systems inbuilt into your car which you are tampering with.

I'll just fiddle with this bit, what can go wrong?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :@

Why are you still arguing the point when I've told you I don't care about your input? It's my ****ing car and I'll do as I please with it, suprised Jason hasn't said anything yet because he's running an aftermarket wheel and would probably know about the seatbelt a and things.

I have the attitude that it's my car and I will do what I please with it. If I want it candy pink I will get it painted candy pink no matter what people think or say. At the end of the day it's my car, I'm driving it and if you don't like it don't ask for a lift and keep your opinions to yourself.

• Like 1

I'm not against anyone modifying their cars either. I just don't see the reason for disabling/ deactivating/ removing safety devices such as airbags which could also affect other safety devices such as seatbelt pretensioners.

Maybe Tom would like to report back after an accident with pics of 'Momo' imprinted on his forehead ;)

• Like 2

I'm not against anyone modifying their cars either. I just don't see the reason for disabling/ deactivating/ removing safety devices such as airbags which could also affect other safety devices such as seatbelt pretensioners.

Maybe Tom would like to report back after an accident with pics of 'Momo' imprinted on his forehead ;)

id rather have momo imprinted on my forehead than a broken nose and two black eyes off the airbag ;)

Well fit bucket seats and harnesses and the problem is solved. No momo impressions then. But then there will probably be another 'discussion' about how safe and legal they are. On another note. Got a wheel boss on order and taking my momo race from my old car and fitting it on the fabia.

Well fit bucket seats and harnesses and the problem is solved. No momo impressions then. But then there will probably be another 'discussion' about how safe and legal they are. On another note. Got a wheel boss on order and taking my momo race from my old car and fitting it on the fabia.

buckets and harnesses are next on the list interior wise but I guess if you're not a well known member on this forum then someone will have something bad to say about them too :laugh: can't win can you.
  • Like 1

buckets and harnesses are next on the list interior wise but I guess if you're not a well known member on this forum then someone will have something bad to say about them too :laugh: can't win can you.

Same here. Looking at a pair of seats to go in. Mate of mine has some sparco harnesses for sale for me!

My mate 5ft 6 got burnt and scarred really bad and broken nose from a drivers side airbag. I on the other hand being 6ft 4 was about 2 foot away from the airbag when it came out of the wheel when I had a crash years back. Emergency services told my friend the find drivers airbags to do more damage than good but the newer side and curtain air bags are the best thing to happen in automotive history as most serious or fatal crashes happen when the person is getting thrown side to side not forward as the seatbelt does the job and the airbag is there for back up sort of thing.

Don't shoot the messenger. Everyone has personal choices and I wouldn't be bothered with or with out one from personal experience.

• Like 1

The problem here seems to be the same as the one we had in the DPF thread.

Someone posts x, someone else points out that x is illegal and bad for you.

Someone else wants x whether it's illegal or bad for you or not.

Fair enough. So long as it's civil.

I like all my safety kit. It's hard to argue with safety equipment however if someone wants to make their car potentially less safe for the occupants inside it, then I'm not going to stop them.

But it does sound like it's an MOT failure.