Locking with key (no alarm ?)

Hi - I'm a newbie, have a MKII 1.6 TDI (2011) Octavia

I wanted to ask if there's any difference between locking with the key directly and locking with the remote.  And also if there is, what is the correct unlocking procedure / sequence after you've locked with the key ?

Someone told me that locking with the key doesn't set the alarm which is what I want to do, as I sometimes want/need to lock my dog inside the car for short periods ( obviously ) and if I use the remote she always seem to set off the alarm

The manual is about as clear a mud in this respect !  Any help ?  Thanks

You can disable interior monitoring by pressing the switch which is low down on the centre pillar beside the driver's seat. Switch off the ignition, open the driver's down, press the switch and then remote lock the doors within 30 seconds.

+2 agree, I sometimes do that if I have a fly or something inside the car setting the alarm off. 

You can use the key to get into the car too after setting the alarm. Just get in after unlocking and turn the ignition on within 15 seconds and you will be fine.

Ian

There is a diagram in the Owner's Manual showing the switch position, albeit for a LHD car. With all the advice here, you should be able to locate it now on a RHD car.