November orders

I have written to the head of SUK, Alistair Stewart, to ask why cars are not built in according to when they were ordered and why the factory therefore cannot give me and others a build week.

Not expecting anything other than lame excuses though.

Car delivered today after 9th nova order date. Good to see it in the flesh so to speak. It has been a long wait and I certainly sympathise with all that are still waiting. Keep the faith!

Finally! Got a build week, 16th June, which I think is BW25.

Unfortunately I doubt it will arrive in time for my trip to Le Mans Classic on 3rd July. Told SUK I need an estate car. Will see what they come up with.

I know its no consolation. But now I have mine, it was worth the wait. But I did have the Octavia 1.8 which I had been totally happy with, so was in no rush which was just as well. Did get sick of all the repetitive comments of, have you got it yet etc etc at work.

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered my car 23/11-13. Today I got a mail from my dealer telling me that they have received a production number. Skoda SE guarantees that the car will be built week 27. Hope I can trust this. 35 + 3 weeks waiting is a loooong time...

Octavia Estate vRS 2.0 TSI 220 DSG | Moon White Metallic | vRS upholstery with red seams
Black design package | Sunset glass | Electric sunroof | 19” Extreme anthracite alloys | Crew protection assistant | Rear side airbags | ISOFIX front passenger seat | vRS leather | Heated front and rear seats | DAB | Columbus sat nav | Colour Maxi dot | Bluetooth+ | Canton sound system | KESSY | Anti-theft alarm system | Adaptive cruise assistant | Front assistant | High beam assistant | Lane assistant | Road sign recognition | Parking assistant | Webasto auxiliary heater with remote | Retractable exterior mirrors | Trunk lid power closing | Detachable tow bar | 230V socket | TPM tire pressure monitoring