November orders

So I'm kinda confused by the call I had with the dealer today. I called to find out an update ( as to this day I've only received one text message as an update since ordering in Nov). Dealer told me that I have a confirmed bw17. Now I've read a number of threads and I'm not sure if this can be true. The dealer did say my order had changed status but I thought bw wasn't confirmed until 2weeks prior?

Anyone had something similar? I was hoping bw might be sooner but glad if it is finally confirmed!

So I'm kinda confused by the call I had with the dealer today. I called to find out an update ( as to this day I've only received one text message as an update since ordering in Nov). Dealer told me that I have a confirmed bw17. Now I've read a number of threads and I'm not sure if this can be true. The dealer did say my order had changed status but I thought bw wasn't confirmed until 2weeks prior?

Anyone had something similar? I was hoping bw might be sooner but glad if it is finally confirmed!

Mine was confirmed exactly 2 weeks prior to being built. I got an update from my dealer on 19.3 in the afternoon that the car had been locked in and was built 2 weeks later on an thursday :) I've yet to hear anyone get a confirmed BW so long in advance, but maybe Skoda are getting their act together :)

Mine has arrived at the Dealers!  I'm off to complete the paperwork today and will then pick it up on Saturday.  It's a vRS TDI Hatch in Corrida Red with Leather - ordered 22nd November so 17 weeks from order to delivery (built week 8).  Given that I negotiated one of the dealer's existing build slots as part of deal, that's still pretty poor.  However, I appreciate some would rip my arm off for a similar timescale.

Ordered my vRS TSI DSG 31 Aug, didn't get accepted by system until 2 Nov (dealer quota seemingly!!) Build varied between BW 11 and BW 25 but stabalised at  BW 12 a few weeks back. Phoned SUK last Thursday (Wk 11) and they said I had a confirmed BW 12. Dealer called me Monday (BW 12) and said they still had no confirmed BW!!! So hopefully SUK are right and my car is now built.

I ordered on Nov 27th. Got BW8 (yeah right!) then a more realistic BW18. However for past 4-weeks I'm not even allocated on the factory. My dealer (great) and SUK (rubbish) cannot get any more news.

I've specced it up a bit, but if they said to me a certain option was causing a problem I could consider deleting it, but nothing.

Been in this weekend and changed the colour from Candy White to Laser White to see if it changes anything.

Vrs Estate TDI DSG in Laser White

Panoramic Sunroof

Winter Pack

Sunset Glass

Black Pack

Cruise Control

Electric Tailgate

VBF

Simply Clever Pack

Spare Wheel.

Been sorely tempted by a new C-Class and a Mazda-6 but so far sticking with it. My current VRS is 3-years old this week and I've got to tax it and keep paying PCP until new one arrives. Dealer paid for MOT on it though and are keeping my trade-in price too.

Hopefully I'll get better news this week?

I ordered on Nov 27th. Got BW8 (yeah right!) then a more realistic BW18. However for past 4-weeks I'm not even allocated on the factory. My dealer (great) and SUK (rubbish) cannot get any more news.

I've specced it up a bit, but if they said to me a certain option was causing a problem I could consider deleting it, but nothing.

Been in this weekend and changed the colour from Candy White to Laser White to see if it changes anything.

Vrs Estate TDI DSG in Laser White

Panoramic Sunroof

Winter Pack

Sunset Glass

Black Pack

Cruise Control

Electric Tailgate

VBF

Simply Clever Pack

Spare Wheel.

Been sorely tempted by a new C-Class and a Mazda-6 but so far sticking with it. My current VRS is 3-years old this week and I've got to tax it and keep paying PCP until new one arrives. Dealer paid for MOT on it though and are keeping my trade-in price too.

Hopefully I'll get better news this week?

We're picking our up on Wednesday. But you touch on someting that i had discussed with my dealer. I said to him that if certain options were infact a problem then i would consider removing them, the dealer never came back and said that certain options were an issue. I don't think anybody at Skoda really knows what's going on, which is sad as they publicy say they want to be "bigger" and build more cars. I don't know what will happen if they start shipping more cars...i just don't think that the leadership is geared to take on that challenge. I really do hope for future customers, and maybe for my own sake if i get another Skoda, that they get alot better at communicating with their local importers, and they in turn with their dealership network for as it stands now it's just a big joke.

Panoramic sunroof is your issue I think.

We went to spec it as well and the dealer said I wouldn't bother you'll be waiting a year for the car.... This was December. Didn't spec it and hopefully it's now in a boat to the uk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be interesting to get some offical word ref the Pano roof.  I have certainly seen a few fitted in dealers demo cars. 

I have it specced and may have considered removing it if it had speeded things up.

Currently looking at BW 21 from an ordr accepted on Dec 6th.

I can't give you an official word on the pano roof but can tell you that I ordered mine on 9th Nov with pano roof. It was delivered 4th March.

The only options that I have not ordered were full leather and VBF.

So what is it causing my delay and lack of any actual BW? I was contemplating removing the Pano roof from order but unless Skoda confirm this is the hold up I don't know what to do.

The problem is that it is beginning to ruin my relationship with the brand.

Just my opinion but would have thought other than perhaps volume of orders for Pano roofs I can't see them being the issue as they are on elegance models etc.

It seems more likely to be shortfall in supply on VRS specific parts trim, Body kits, wheels, suspension or engines.  The delays are clearly much worse on the VRS.

Would be super if there was just a bit of clarity form SUK

I just got word today that my VRS is in the UK on route to the dealer so I should have it the week after next.

I at least know the registration number so I can start getting some insurance quotes.

Ordered Vrs tsi Dsg estate Rallye Green 1st week Nov. Will be built next week. So should be May pick up.Then I can use my 14 plate

Ordered 28th November and got an E mail yesterday to say my vRS TDI Hatch is waiting at Emden to be shipped really happy arrived sooner than I had expected. Dealer have kept me informed every step of the way and fixed me up with a great deal.

Hi All

I ordered my vRS TDI estate, with a load of options on the 1st November. Visited my dealer today- on the way past, to check on progress- and was told it was delivered this morning!! Then he showed me my car, xxxx me. I now can't wait for my delivery date of 3rd May.

Ho - what a good day, today has turned out to be.

Steve

Hi All

I ordered my vRS TDI estate, with a load of options on the 1st November. Visited my dealer today- on the way past, to check on progress- and was told it was delivered this morning!! Then he showed me my car, xxxx me. I now can't wait for my delivery date of 3rd May.

Ho - what a good day, today has turned out to be.

Steve

That's great but why do you have to wait a month if it's at dealer already?

• Like 1

CjSVRS

Hi, the reason is its a birthday present to my self and my birthday is in MAY! The car which it replacing was sold back in January, and I have had to use my Monte or my wife's Roomster.

So that will make us a 3 Skoda family! but I don't think I will worry BOSSFOX, I am not in his league.

Steve