Used one? / Thoughts - Farecla G3 Clay Mitt -

WookieeM

I've never clayed a car, seen clay cloths and now this clay mit this week.

Wondered if anyone has given them a go and their feedback. wondered how it compares to a 'proper' clay bar.

Also thought on if / why its better for a novice.

For a novice may be worth a go?

Cheers

Kevin.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_1021399_langId_-1_categoryId_255233#tab4

I've just been reading some reviews on a product like this and a number of things were written that I don't understand. Perhaps you could help...

1. What exactly is `marring`?

2. What is the `PCW` Stage?

3. The cloth was `lubricated (or rather the car was) with `ONR`. What is that?

Many thanks

Mike.

• Like 1

Used mine yesterday on Alan's (AlanR36) bonnet

Very impressed...works well with Car shampoo and warm water

Far easier and quicker than a clay bar and zero marring!!

Just as effective too

Worth getting

Liked the way you used it on Alan's R36 and not your Vrs  " Good thinking Batman "     :yes:

• Like 1

I've just been reading some reviews on a product like this and a number of things were written that I don't understand. Perhaps you could help...

1. What exactly is `marring`?

2. What is the `PCW` Stage?

3. The cloth was `lubricated (or rather the car was) with `ONR`. What is that?

Many thanks

Mike.

Marring - its when you can see faint (sometimes very faint) marks in the paint, can look like its been sanded, this can be caused by claying, applying wax, drying etc

So as such everything can cause marring. Its why I prefer not to just clay (and even worse in cold weather) but clay and polish via DA, rotary etc

Some paints marr easier than others, some show it more than others.

Optimum No Rinse (ONR) is a system for washing without water. A VERY good product. Can be used for claying as the lubrication is fantastic.

Will be buying a mitt to see what its like against the ADS cloth.

Marring - its when you can see faint (sometimes very faint) marks in the paint, can look like its been sanded, this can be caused by claying, applying wax, drying etc

So as such everything can cause marring. Its why I prefer not to just clay (and even worse in cold weather) but clay and polish via DA, rotary etc

Some paints marr easier than others, some show it more than others.

Optimum No Rinse (ONR) is a system for washing without water. A VERY good product. Can be used for claying as the lubrication is fantastic.

Will be buying a mitt to see what its like against the ADS cloth.

Thank you so much, Mozzie. Always very grateful for advice.

Do you have any idea what was meant in the review by being able to miss out the `PCW stage` of the washing procedure?

Regards

Mike.

I've just read it again (the review) and I realise it should be `PWC` not `PCW`. Sorry about that. I wonder if the `PW` part of it could be something to do with `Pressure Wash`