Permanently disable Safelock

Timoctav, you might want to look at your own style. I was deliberately abrupt earlier in the thread when certain members were providing uncalled for comments on my wife's parenting skills

Sent using tapatalk

I don't believe I made any comments on your wife's parenting skills?

You know what the real solution is if youre really that worried about it....dont leave a 10 year old in a car unsupervised would be my honest answer, 

No one was left unsupervised in a car! And yes it P&ss%d me off!

Below a comment in support of the previous fairly inflammatory comment

In support of pipsyp I don't see anything unsavoury in his comments at all, quite valid IMO..

Below a subsequent response. 

It happened and I do not wish to conduct experiments to prove the issue.

Were you at any point able to replicate the issue? As in try and sit in the car and have someone else lock the car or vice versa and see what happens? First thing about declaring a problem/error is being able to replicate it (consistently).

The facts:

1. There are 2 recently documented cases of Kessy based systems doing flaky things, and as previously explained my wife had a similar experience

2. I was asking for some help in turning off a function on my car that I do not want to use

3. I received some helpful responses to my question,

4. There were a significant number of responses stating opinions and questioning my reasons for wanting to implement the change

5. Some very strong opinions of a personal nature were expressed, that were not based in fact and did not contribute in any positive way to the discussion

6. Unfortunately I reacted quite strongly to some of the comments

Ultimately I will keep a glass hammer in the car and pursue the issue with Skoda.

My mistake was obviously to respond to the comments above, lesson learnt.

Edited by ozoccy

Wow...I have written papers at uni that were shorter than this.

As for the point regarding 'capable well informed adults' - some are...others tint their windscreens or glue stuff onto their headlights...

Clearly you feel quite strongly about your particular issue, I think most posters just took exception to the tone of some of your responses.

It makes entertaining reading though.

• Like 1

Wow...I have written papers at uni that were shorter than this.

As for the point regarding 'capable well informed adults' - some are...others tint their windscreens or glue stuff onto their headlights...

Clearly you feel quite strongly about your particular issue, I think most posters just took exception to the tone of some of your responses.

It makes entertaining reading though.

I probably should have remembered that I'm on a forum and just let the unsupervised children comment slide.

Entertaining... glad to be of service :)

Edited by ozoccy

My original question

Below one of the responses, which expresses a pretty strong opinion based on a bunch of assumptions that are in no way based on fact. I suspect most people might find this a bit inflammatory

NO ONE WAS LEFT UNSUPERVISED IN A CAR!

Just like most parents, I care deeply for my children and can see no justification for this comment. And yes it P&ss%d me off!

Below a comment in support of the previous fairly inflammatory comment

Below a subsequent response. Given the original question and the subsequent discussion not sure why this tack of questioning continues.

It happened and I do not wish to conduct experiments to prove the issue.

Now the facts:

1. There are 2 recently documented cases of Kessy based systems doing flaky things, and as previously explained my wife had a similar experience

2. I was asking for some help in turning off a function on my car that I do not want to use

3. I received some helpful responses to my question,

4. There were a significant number of responses stating opinions and questioning my reasons for wanting to implement the change

5. Some very strong opinions of a personal nature were expressed, that were not based in fact and did not contribute in any positive way to the discussion

6. Unfortunately I reacted quite strongly to some of the comments

Ultimately I will keep a glass hammer in the car and pursue the issue with Skoda.

I would like to think that most people on this forum are well informed adults capable of making decisions about their own cars without being subjected to cross examination and moral judgement.

My mistake was obviously to respond to the comments above, lesson learnt.

Sorry my friend but you need to get a life, how the suggestion that your wife may have accidentally locked your child in the car (lets face it its a possibility were inly human after all) in no way constitutes my questioning her parenting skills.

Also if you dont want a 10 year old to get accidentally locked in the car, id suggest its fact that it wouldnt happen if you didnt leave them in there. I leave my kids in the car at times but if one od them did get locked in the car by error id probably just as a reaction not leave them in there again. Wasnt suggesting its wholly wrong to leave kids in cars as we all do it, its a means to prevent it happening again.

Personally I think you need to be less hypersensitive or just dont ask questions on a forum like this as frankly I did not appreciate your over-reactive statements either.

I probably should have remembered that I'm on a forum and just let the unsupervised children comment slide.

Entertaining... glad to be of service :)

Sometimes individuals make comments with good intent that can be taken the wrong way. Let's leave it there and move on.

• 1 month later...

Hello.

I had a 2011 Octavia MK2 company car, with the deadlock "feature".

I recently upgraded to a 2014 MK3 and was suprised that no "check lock" message appeared.

When I checked the doors, I noticed that they DO NOT deadlock when locking with the remote keyfob !

Seems like its a feature that can be removed/disabled somehow, not sure if only at factory or be using VCDS.

I think maybe the Skoda importer here in the Middle-east has disabled this feature (or at least asked Skoda to do it at factory) because there were many complaints on this "feature". Many local Octavia MK2 owners didn't really know about this feature / didn't bother reading the manual, and got to know this feature only when they locked someone in the car, and these incidents made alot of fuss.

My wife and I are aware of this feature, and even if it didn't exist, we don't leave children/people in the car and lock them!

If I need to leave the car (like for refueling) and my wife/kids stay in the car, I leave my wife the key, or i take the key but ask my wife to lock from the inside.

In any case I do not leave children in an unattended car. This is a good rule, no matter if you have a deadlocking car or not.

Of course "accidents" may happen, and even I may deadlock someone in the car. Nothing is "fool" proof.

I just think that with appropriate attention, this feature is a bit less scary.

I'm actually looking for a way yo enable the deadlock feature on my MK3! Although its a company car, and I don't really mind if someone steals it, I think the deadlock feature is good against theifs steeling goods from your car.

It means that even if they break a window, they will have a hard time getting into and out of the car, so it won't be simple to get in and steel things that are out of hand.

I'm not saying its impossible, but it will make it harder, and take them a bit more time - something theifs don't like.

This is especially good for preventing theft from the trunk of the car. If there isn't deadlocking, the theif could get into the car by breaking the window, and pressing the unlock button, thus opening the trunk.

• 3 years later...