L&K Spec Changes

Apologies if this has been covered before. I've had a search and can't find any conclusive answers.

From what I can gather reading around the forum, the specs of L&K Octavias had certain items added and removed as the years went by.

Do any of you have any further info on dates of changes or standard spec?

All L&K should have maxidot and MFSW?

All L&K should have puddle lights and illuminated door handles?

Front parking sensors were always an option and never standard?

Xenons only became standard around 2007?

ESP only became standard around the same time?

Auto-dimming mirrors were standard from launch, but became an option later on?

Is there anything else that was added or dropped throughout the life of the car?

In terms of the pre facelift, there was a makeover in 2007 when xenons, 17 inch sputnik wheels and esp with hill hold were added as standard while auto dim mirrors were dropped as standard. You are correct with your assumptions about mfsw and maxidot and illumination and yes front sensors were always an option while rears were standard.

Not so sure about ICE. I think it was mainly the Stream mp3 with aux in from 56 plate, and just the Stream prior, with some later pre fl having an optional Columbus. I am not sure but I think the Bolero was never an option and only added on the facelift.

It appears the makeover date is later in 2007. A member recently wrote about his car registered in August of 2007 with 16inch wheels and non xenon lights.

Adam

I'm not totally sure but I think I too have read dsg has hill hold by default. If you are looking for an L&K and can stretch to a 2008 you can guarantee ESP and will also have some newer control units that better support retrofitting, such as a CAN gateway that definitely works with bluetooth for example. I'm not saying 2007 won't work but I know there are sometimes problems with the control modules from earlier in that year and before.

2008 model came with ESP standard, auto dim wing mirrors weren't even an option although auto dim rear view was standard. Stereo was the Audience internal 6 cd changer model. Front sensors were optional.

I have a 2006 L&K without door handle illumination if that throws a spanner in the works.

Yes it does thanks :)

Hmm, are the historic brochures available as PDFs anywhere like they are with VW?

Front sensors are quite unusual though, even on L&Ks, and I saw plenty of later models without when I sourced mine, so it was definitely only an option.

Adam

I'm not totally sure but I think I too have read dsg has hill hold by default. If you are looking for an L&K and can stretch to a 2008 you can guarantee ESP and will also have some newer control units that better support retrofitting, such as a CAN gateway that definitely works with bluetooth for example. I'm not saying 2007 won't work but I know there are sometimes problems with the control modules from earlier in that year and before.

So on earlier models, if I wanted to retrofit the Columbus with bluetooth, I'd also need to change the CAN gateway too?

Re Bluetooth

My 06 has Bluetooth menu on the Stream HU but it doesn't seem to do anything, I believe it only worked with older devices so yes a new CAN Gateway or firmware update is necessary.

You can actually get around the issues such as battery drain with the Columbus via a firmware update, but the older gateways simply don't recognise bluetooth, so yes an updated gateway in 07 and earlier cars is necessary if you want that.  These days they can be found pretty cheaply though (and there's a couple for sale with members on here), and it is then just a matter of finding someone local to code them.

Adam

My L&K (1.8 tsi) was one of the last MK2 L&Ks delivered August 2012.

Most of the spec has been covered but just to be sure.

I have front (as well as rear parking sensors) BUT this was the only  option which I paid for apart from spare wheel.

All the following  were included in the spec eg.

Rear parking sensors with screen display

4 spoke MF steering wheel

Xenons which include corner adapting beams AFS adapive front light system

Electrical seats with memory for seat (3 memories)and mirrors.

17" alloys 225/45 R17s

Heated door mirrors which are foldable

Heated front seats

Hill hold

Leather seats (grey) with L&K motif

MDS

Nets in boot

Retractable rear sunscreen

Textile mats

L&K kickplates

Piano black varnish decor

Silver metallic paint

Hope this helps.

Incidentally my Octavia is being traded in  2 weeks from now for a new BMW335D XDRIVE so if anyone fancied it, it will reside at Coopers BMW Durham until they put it in on a lorry for disposal through auction or otherwise. If anyones interested I'll put it in a new thread for when its available for enquiry there or give you message privately. You could ask Coopers what they're gonna do with it (and how much of course!!!).

PS Its got DSG gearbox and done circa 21,000 miles when I take it in. roughly 15 months of warrantly left.

Mike

Thanks for that but the deals done.

Got a decentish part ex and 17.3 per cent off the 335d.

also PCP at 3.9 per cent so I'm not at all unhappy! This is my swansong car in the twilight of my motoring!

sorry to leave the forum because there's some intelligent info on all sorts of subjects here - not just Skoda related.

TT

Edited by Tom Tallon

Apologies if this has been covered before. I've had a search and can't find any conclusive answers.

From what I can gather reading around the forum, the specs of L&K Octavias had certain items added and removed as the years went by.

Do any of you have any further info on dates of changes or standard spec?

All L&K should have maxidot and MFSW?

All L&K should have puddle lights and illuminated door handles?

Front parking sensors were always an option and never standard?

Xenons only became standard around 2007?

ESP only became standard around the same time?

Auto-dimming mirrors were standard from launch, but became an option later on?

Is there anything else that was added or dropped throughout the life of the car?

As mentioned, your assumptions are pretty much correct. 

At some point the option for an auto dimming passenger door mirror was dropped altogether....not sure when, but certainly by FL time. On my 2006 L&K all the mirrors dim as standard. Also, my 2006 does not have illuminated door handles but does have puddle lights.    

My L&K (1.8 tsi) was one of the last MK2 L&Ks delivered August 2012.

Most of the spec has been covered but just to be sure.

I have front (as well as rear parking sensors) BUT this was the only  option which I paid for apart from spare wheel.

All the following  were included in the spec eg.

Rear parking sensors with screen display

4 spoke MF steering wheel

Xenons which include corner adapting beams AFS adapive front light system

Electrical seats with memory for seat (3 memories)and mirrors.

17" alloys 225/45 R17s

Heated door mirrors which are foldable

Heated front seats

Hill hold

Leather seats (grey) with L&K motif

MDS

Nets in boot

Retractable rear sunscreen

Textile mats

L&K kickplates

Piano black varnish decor

Silver metallic paint

Hope this helps.

Incidentally my Octavia is being traded in  2 weeks from now for a new BMW335D XDRIVE so if anyone fancied it, it will reside at Coopers BMW Durham until they put it in on a lorry for disposal through auction or otherwise. If anyones interested I'll put it in a new thread for when its available for enquiry there or give you message privately. You could ask Coopers what they're gonna do with it (and how much of course!!!).

PS Its got DSG gearbox and done circa 21,000 miles when I take it in. roughly 15 months of warrantly left.

Yup, mine is exactly the same as it would have only been delivered a few weeks before this example, except as an estate it doesn't come with the retractable rear screen shade. You could also choose a

light grey alcantara interior. Mine also had a sunroof & sunset glass as added options. The only things I didn't spec were TPS and Columbus, one because it seemed glitchy, the other because it was ludicrously expensive for what you got.

Yes it does thanks :)

Hmm, are the historic brochures available as PDFs anywhere like they are with VW?

If anyone REALLY, really wants it, I deliberately kept all the Octy brochures (including the special L&K one) from Uk & Europe to do with my car so can scan it on here to show the options available. I thought It'd be a novelty if/and/or when I came to sell it.

Edited by blackspaven