4 Months Old, 1500 miles, a dent in the roof scratched tint

Hardly done any miles as had a op within days of collecting the White VRS Combi,

Buffing it up after cleaning it last weekend and noticed a dent as the body meets the windscreen above the drivers seat, it's only depressed a tiny amount and about 2.5cm's diameter, paint isn't broken but annoying.

And to top it off I managed to scratch the tint on the rear door window whilst putting my daughter in her car seat in the back last night, ring caught it

Made an enquiry this morning of a local tint co and explained that the tint was factory, he suspected not as i had managed to scratch it and suggested they are often done at the dockside ?, any one else heard of this ?

I know they were tinted when it arrived at the dealers as i saw it within hours

Are you sure it's a dent? Sounds like where my car had a problem with panel filler.... Can you pop a picture up?

And as for scratching the tint - I'm being daft but are you sure you haven't scratched the glass?

I've never had factory tints before but I'm assuming it's just like any other coloured glass except darker so it should be "in" the glass rather than film applied. I think.

Are you sure it's a dent? Sounds like where my car had a problem with panel filler.... Can you pop a picture up?

And as for scratching the tint - I'm being daft but are you sure you haven't scratched the glass?

I've never had factory tints before but I'm assuming it's just like any other coloured glass except darker so it should be "in" the glass rather than film applied. I think.

Tried to take a picture but it's not come out well at all

Made an enquiry this morning of a local tint co and explained that the tint was factory, he suspected not as i had managed to scratch it and suggested they are often done at the dockside ?, any one else heard of this ?

:D I wouldn't be going back to that tint place!

Yup - I've got a titanium wedding ring and managed to scratch the inside of the windscreen wiping mist off with a cloth. It was quite noticeable when backlit and very annoying to begin with but now I try not to look at it!

I've not experiemented but I think the scratch is superficial because I didn't press very hard and would improve with some scratch removing compound.

If its any consolation my week old Elegance estate has had a scuffed drivers door trim, glovebox lid, steering wheel and b pillar trim from the seatbelt buckle striking it at some point. I treat the car with kid gloves at the moment too.

Im just resigned to the fact that they dont stay v new for long and ill be less bothered about the next thing that happens to it.

If its any consolation my week old Elegance estate has had a scuffed drivers door trim, glovebox lid, steering wheel and b pillar trim from the seatbelt buckle striking it at some point. I treat the car with kid gloves at the moment too.

Im just resigned to the fact that they dont stay v new for long and ill be less bothered about the next thing that happens to it.

How have you done all that in a week?! mines 4 months old with 6k miles on it and i've just a couple of stone chips, the interior is still like new.

Yup - I've got a titanium wedding ring and managed to scratch the inside of the windscreen wiping mist off with a cloth. It was quite noticeable when backlit and very annoying to begin with but now I try not to look at it!

I've not experiemented but I think the scratch is superficial because I didn't press very hard and would improve with some scratch removing compound.

I'm glad i'm not the only one who's done it, as you say superficial but annoying and not worth £60 approx for a new glass

How have you done all that in a week?! mines 4 months old with 6k miles on it and i've just a couple of stone chips, the interior is still like new.

Noticed the door trim and b pillar shortly after collecting the car; almost 100% sure that happened during transit.

The steering wheel leather is **** and just scratches really easily, a result of having the wheel relatively low and catching legs on the bottom of it getting in and out, jean material is enough to drag against it and scratch it, as is a catch with a slightly long fingernail. 5o be fair a spit and rub with a finger hides the worst of it. My vRS steering wheel did this a bit but because the bottom was rubber and not leather trimmed happened half as often. Now take extra special care when getting in and out.

The glovebox happened by someone putting a bag in between their legs and dragging it against the door when getting out of the car. Ive actually been able to make good of that and the door scuff so not a big deal.

onw doenside though is that whilst they feel expensive inside the quality of the materials used are a bit cheapo in places...to be fair you have to accept some level of issues such as this when you cab buy a high spec stretched MK7 Golf equivalent for 23k.