Borbet A alloy wheels 5x100 with tyres

Chillie

As title states, for sale are a set of 4 16" Borbet A alloys with 5x100 fitement, I believe they are 7.5j all around and sit nicely just inside the arch. They have come off a Fabia Vrs mk1.

They need blasting down and repainting as they were part of a project to "Decopage" them, turned out nice but the effect didn't last long and now looks a bit scruffy. Originally Red.

All the wheels have decent tyres on and can be used straight away but I am sure you will want them blasting down and respraying first. They come with the flat Borbet centre caps.

I will post pics up later but if your looking for a set of Borbet A I am sure you know what they look like and these need blasting anyway so once you are done they will look different to the picture. One of the alloys has had a crack repaired, about 3cm, it was done properly by a wheel shop and has been balanced fine.

£300 no offers as priced to sell.

Based in Nottingham

• Like 1

The decopage has faded and peeled in areas now

dgmc.jpg

tnib.jpg

Centre cap locking nuts and tool

r0mj.jpg

Flat centre cap

ol52.jpg

3 our of the 4 tyres are in this condition, quite a bit of tread left

dlsb.jpg

One of them is still usable for good few miles, but will be one of the first to be replaced, probably another thousand miles or so

ousf.jpg

Was done using a Manga novel, waterproof glue, had to find the right combination of materials to stop reactions, at first the glue was reacting with the lacquer which caused it to unstick etc.

Managed to get a good balance but after a while in the bad weather it just couldn't keep up. Was going to re paint the wheels and go back to normal but decided on a new set.

• 1 month later...