Bonnet to grill symmetry

AK67

That sure is my intention. I could have sworn that mass production was an exacting science...

Until one falls off the transporter... ;-)

Sent using my right thumb

Update!

I showed them the asymmetry at the Skoda dealership and the service manager acknowledged it, to his credit. Some quick adjustment of the rubber nobs slightly improved the lopsidedness of the front edge which meets the grill. However, I noticed later that this adjustment has created an uneven meeting of the edge of the bonnet to the wing! The bonnet's edge on this side is more depressed than the wing edge! *Uneasy feeling, unhappy*.

Guess what Mark, the dealer says there's nothing they can really do about it!

According to the terms of the warranty this should be covered unless it has been caused by an accident.

If it has been in an accident I would be asking why you weren't informed...

Cheers Billy, what was the warranty wording? I couldn't find out much about the problem from the dealer this afternoon. It's back in next week and as I said, leaves me with an uneasy feeling...

Cheers Billy, what was the warranty wording? I couldn't find out much about the problem from the dealer this afternoon. It's back in next week and as I said, leaves me with an uneasy feeling...

Oh no just found this mate......

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update on my wonky bonnet.The dealer's responses haven't really been satisfactory. The salesman who sourced the car from Skoda and sold me it "can't see a problem", and the service manager "can't do anything about it".

Am I meant to accept this without asking any questions...?

Could try and return the car but they may call your bluff...

Skoda dealers.... The reason Skoda's are so cheap.

Ha good point. The wonky character of the bonnet is even more noticeable after pulling the bonnet release handle. I'll upload a photo when possible. Tbh it ****es me off that they take your lolly and then seem disinterested.

I noticed recently that once the bonnet release handle is pulled and the bonnet is sprung open a few inches, the wonky angle is magnified. Try this please guys and see if yours does likewise?