Garrett turbo query

Hi, hope some one could help me out, I recently acquired a turbo from work and it seems to be in tip top condition. I'm hoping to fit it to my vrs as my standard kkk has 100k on it and is making the siren noise, I'm no expert with turbos and all the stamps they have on them so I will list the numbers lower down, the turbos from a 60 plate zafira 2.0 cdti 150bhp and my engines a asz of this helps at all.

Garrett m53 .42

B858

766340-1 s/n ldv04771 r

If I type some off these number into google it comes back as gt1749v if this helps at all

Thanks

if its come off the vauxhall it'll have a different manifold. have you got the one for your car or the vauxhall? iirc the vauxhall exhaust ports are similar to the 2.0 16v tdi, in that they are on an angle, whereas ours are all vertical ovals. is your manifold one piece to the shell, or is it bolt on /off? if its a bolt on manifold you might be able to use a passat manifold to mate it to yours. upload a pic to your profile gallery, and then you can put in here. easiest way ive found.

I see no reason why you can't make this Zafira turbo work for you, assuming you can overcome any hurdles involved in physically mating it to your manifold you will need to get the ECU dynamically remapped to take full advantage and get it running sweetly, this can be quite expensive offsetting any savings made by using a 'free' turbo but your car should be quite a bit quicker after it's all done.

I know the manifold won't fit I ment it as in I have the whole lot, sorry thats me not being very clear. Isn't it possible to just take my turbo and manifold off and just swap the Garrett item into my manifold because it does look very similar? I just thought it was worth ago because when you search for the stamps in the Garrett in Google it comes back as a gt1749v and I was sure that they fit. I will post a picture up later after I have got some better ones

Perhaps the best thing for you to do would be to buy a secondhand exhaust manifold and see if it actually will fit or whether you can modify it by making an adaptor plate so that it will fit. This way you don't have to strip your own car down and you can build the entire exhaust assembly ready to just swap onto your car. Make sure you keep the new turbo CLEAN, blank off all the ports and the oil feed while you experiment with it and don't drop it.

• 1 month later...

Had a go today at swapping the turbo to the new one, and I soon realised why my old kkk was whining due to a corner of the cold side wheel being Brocken off. The new Garrett I have does look very similar however the hot side is a lot bigger and doesn't fit in the nozzle ring on the fabia manifold so the problem I have is can I swap the nozzle ring and waste gate from the bigger garret manifold from the zafira into the smaller fabia one or can u some how take the smaller hot side wheel from the kkk turbo and put it onto the Garrett one so it fits into the fabia manifold?? Hope this makes sense and hope some one can help